Olympus 808 Viewfinder problems

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 18, 2005 4:40:29 PM

Wonder if anyone can help.
Have a new 8080 having upgraded from a 5050. I am very happy except
one thing.

On some occasions when looking in the viewfinder (both) there is a
pink cast across the full width and up to the top.

This moves as I move the camera up or down?

Its not there all the time and seems to be linked to light source?

Am I missing something here like Flare?

Regards Peter.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 5:08:00 PM

Peter wrote:
> Wonder if anyone can help.
> Have a new 8080 having upgraded from a 5050. I am very happy except
> one thing.
>
> On some occasions when looking in the viewfinder (both) there is a
> pink cast across the full width and up to the top.
>
> This moves as I move the camera up or down?
>
> Its not there all the time and seems to be linked to light source?
>
> Am I missing something here like Flare?

Peter, Nikon cameras can do something similar - nothing to worry about.
It's most likely a viewfinder-only artefact (but obviously check carefully
that this doesn't appear on the image itself).

Cheers,
David
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 1:19:46 AM

David J Taylor <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid> wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>>
>> Its not there all the time and seems to be linked to light source?
>>
>> Am I missing something here like Flare?
>
> Peter, Nikon cameras can do something similar - nothing to worry about.
> It's most likely a viewfinder-only artefact (but obviously check carefully
> that this doesn't appear on the image itself).

I use the same camera and it is normal for this light-banding to occur
in the EVF and LCD, but does not show up on the actual image. Bright
light from the sun or reflections and such cause this bleeding-effect on
many cameras. You may still get glare/flare like any camera so the shade
it came with may help with that.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 8:34:10 AM

I see it occasionally on my 8080 as well, but only in very challenging
light conditions. On a couple of these occasions, I have discover that
I have left expsoure compensation on, or made some other setting error
that is causing overexposure. So check everything before proceeding..
(O;
!