Build It Yourself: A Mini-ITX opinion

moondogy42

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Hi all,i was looking for a cheap pc with a small form factor to give to my little bro to play games.Regarding this pc ( http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mini-itx-gaming-radeon-hd-7750,3369.html) i had a few questions:

How long would this system remain relevant,will temp be an issue,what do you think of build over all?

This will be used for gaming as a priority and web browsing

Thanks for taking time to look

Mapsx15

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
that build looks great, if you have some spare money, go with i3-3220, its gonna be a lot better for games, but other than that, nothing they haven't recommended to upgrade if you wanted to.

your bro will be very happy with this :)

Goodeggray

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
Go to pcpartspicker.com and on it's home there's a i3 budget build with parts list with prices and sources. There's also a nice video on how to build it. It's less than the itx build because it includes Windows 7 in it's cost.

moondogy42

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Now that i think about it what matters are the ability to upgrade components, i was so stuck on the idea of just getting the bare bones of a quality rig,like it was a one time thing.

Yes i just want something for now no i dont want it to stay that way,I didn't realize that till i read your post

Goodeggray

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
You have a realistic budget to build a computer that will serve you brother for at least 5 years. I build a computer with my son when he was 15. It was and still a good learning process for him. I think you and your brother need to do more research before building the computer. There's plenty of info on the net.