3 independent monitors with Radeon HD 6770

Godzkiler

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
So I've been trying to set up my pc with 3 monitors, but I'm wanting to extend these monitors into independent desktops so that if I go full screen in one monitor is only cover that one monitor.

I've been doing this with my computer monitor and my TV for a long time now and just recently got a new monitor and now wish to set all 3 up, but when I try to extend the first screen I get a message saying "To enable this desktop another desktop/display must be disabled."

After looking about for a solution for a while now, all I same to find is people telling the person to buy an active Display port to DVI adapter and use that on the third one, because there is something to do with a clock speed and it needs an active adapter for the computer to see handle all 3 at the same time (didn't understand much about it).

The only issue I have with this is that my Radeon HD 6770 card (for some reason unknown to me) does not have a display port like a lot of other peoples 6770's.

My current setup is this:

23" PC Monitor (1) - Connected via DVI
19" PC Monitor (2) - Connected via VGA (currently not being used)
23" Television (3) - Connected via HDMI

Is there anyway for my to have all monitors running separate desktops without a display port? If I got an "active" adapter for one of the ports I do have would that work just the same?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
All of your connections must be digital to use more than 2 displays. Using the VGA port will keep you from doing the 3 display config.

What specific make/model of HD6770 do you have?

Godzkiler

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Oh damn. If i got an adapter for the VGA port and used a HDMI or DVI cable would that work or would I get the same result since I'm using a VGA port on my graphics card?

Model No. : HD-677X-ZN (As on Box)

It also says "HD 6770 850M" in case that is what you are actually wanting.