Sapphire 7850 2gb help

theoxforddipper

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
For xmas i got a sapphire 7850 2gb oc edition card, 8gb of ram and a new psu to run it all. After installing all the new part my computer has really suffered, i get really bad mouse lag whenever i try and do things on the desk top or watch vidoes on the internet. After taking each of the new parts out individually the problem seems to be the card, i have my old hd 6450 and everything is running back to normal. I updated all my drivers for motherboard and the card, even reinstalled them again to make sure. starting to get a bit annoyed now because they were all presents and i dont want them to be money wasted. the specs of my pc are

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 970, 3500 MHz (17.5 x 200)
PSU: OCZ ZS550W-UK ATX PSU - 550 W
Motherboard: Asus M5A87 (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7850 2gb OC edition
System Memory: 12gb (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM) from crucial.co.uk
Operating System: Win7 home premium edition
Hard drive: Western Digital WD Black WD7502AAEX
Monitor: AOC i2353 connected by hdmi

Can anyone see a problem that i may have overlooked. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

thank you

popatim

Titan
try going into the graphics 3d settings of catalyst control center try setting 'wait for verticle refresh' to the setting just below 'quality'. This will force it ON unless a game turns it off.