Sign in with
Your question

Would you recommend this build for gaming ?

Last response: in Systems
February 16, 2013 12:09:05 PM

hi, would you recommend this build

intel i5 3570k

XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB core edition

asus p8z77-v lk

8GB (2x4) corsair vengeance low profile jet black

1tb seagate

coolermaster elite 430

or is there anything i could change. thanks

More about : recommend build gaming

February 16, 2013 12:13:24 PM

Are you getting a CPU cooler? If not, no point of low profile RAM. Get Corsair Vengeance with heatspreaders instead. Also recommend maybe an SSD if you have like $120 to spare.
February 16, 2013 12:30:09 PM

If you are planning on overclocking (Which I assume is the reason for the 3570k) then you probably want an aftermarket cooler on there. Other than this it looks fine. If you can't afford a huge SSD, I highly recommend getting a small 30-60GB SSD and using the SRT caching stuff, it makes a pretty big difference in your load/boot times. Though, if you only restart once in a while and find load screens fast enough anyway you may as well sink the money in to a nice keyboard or mouse.

Related resources
February 16, 2013 2:02:07 PM

@SHORYUKEN

Why would you suggest him getting a higher profile RAM? A low profile works just fine

@freamo

Looks good. Adding an SSD would make your system much more responsive but I personally would only suggest 120GB or above for OS. If you can't afford it, no need to get it right away.

On the other hand, what the power supply you're buying? That is an important part and you don't want to go cheap on it.
February 16, 2013 2:04:58 PM

EzioAs said:
@SHORYUKEN

Why would you suggest him getting a higher profile RAM? A low profile works just fine

@freamo

Looks good. Adding an SSD would make your system much more responsive but I personally would only suggest 120GB or above for OS. If you can't afford it, no need to get it right away.

On the other hand, what the power supply you're buying? That is an important part and you don't want to go cheap on it.

Just that it has heat spreaders in comparison to the lower profile RAM.
February 16, 2013 2:08:33 PM

Corsair Vengeance LP works just fine. You don't see normal value RAM comes with heat spreaders and they work normally for long term usage. Heat spreader would only comes in very handy if OP is overclocking the memory (which most people don't).

The Vengeance LP does comes with heat spreader by the way. It's just not high profile. It'll work just fine.
February 16, 2013 2:14:17 PM

He may want to OC though. So let's leave it to him to decide if he wants to OC it, shall we?
!