Radeon HD 6870 - No Display

Dougtron

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
I just got a Radeon HD 6870 for Christmas and I'm having some trouble getting it working. I put it into my PCI-E slot and then connected to my TV through HDMI. My TV was displaying "no signal", so I went into my BIOS and enabled my onboard video to stay on even with a GPU attached so that I could at least get to my desktop to install the drivers. I downloaded the driver installer from AMD and it detected my videocard and installed the latest drivers. I went back into my BIOS and disabled my onboard video but I'm still not getting a signal. I have a fairly good power supply and the fan on the card is running, so it seems like it's getting enough power. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Here's my setup:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H
CPU: Intel Core i5-655K Clarkdale 3.2Ghz (Overclocked to 3.84Ghz)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2x2GB)
Power Supply: OCZ StealthXstream II OCZ700SXS2 700W ATX12V v2.2/EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified PowerSupply

RatedFatal

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Could be a few things. Check the HDMI port make sure it isnt damaged in anyway. Try your HDMI cable with a different device to make sure it works. Check the PCI pins on the card, make sure they arent bent scratched or damaged in anyway. Try using a VGA or DVI cable if you can, thats the best way to tell if its the card or port/cable. And check to make sure the card is supported by the type of PCI slots you have on your motherboard.