Radeon HD 6870 - No Display

I just got a Radeon HD 6870 for Christmas and I'm having some trouble getting it working. I put it into my PCI-E slot and then connected to my TV through HDMI. My TV was displaying "no signal", so I went into my BIOS and enabled my onboard video to stay on even with a GPU attached so that I could at least get to my desktop to install the drivers. I downloaded the driver installer from AMD and it detected my videocard and installed the latest drivers. I went back into my BIOS and disabled my onboard video but I'm still not getting a signal. I have a fairly good power supply and the fan on the card is running, so it seems like it's getting enough power. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Here's my setup:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H
CPU: Intel Core i5-655K Clarkdale 3.2Ghz (Overclocked to 3.84Ghz)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2x2GB)
Power Supply: OCZ StealthXstream II OCZ700SXS2 700W ATX12V v2.2/EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified PowerSupply
2 answers Last reply
More about radeon 6870 display
  1. Could be a few things. Check the HDMI port make sure it isnt damaged in anyway. Try your HDMI cable with a different device to make sure it works. Check the PCI pins on the card, make sure they arent bent scratched or damaged in anyway. Try using a VGA or DVI cable if you can, thats the best way to tell if its the card or port/cable. And check to make sure the card is supported by the type of PCI slots you have on your motherboard.
  2. This may sound stupid, but do you have power connectors in it? I always forget stupid crap like that lol.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics