Closed

Pacific General (SSI) & WinXP

Has anyone had any luck getting this game to work on WinXP? Even in
Compatibility Mode, the game crashes every time during the second scenario in
a Campaign game.

-Kerry-
4 answers Last reply
More about pacific general winxp

    "Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone had any luck getting this game to work on WinXP? Even in
    > Compatibility Mode, the game crashes every time during the second scenario
    > in
    > a Campaign game.

    Have a look at, there's a new exe to use and lots of other tips:

    http://p219.ezboard.com/fthearmorypacgenforumfrm3.showMessage?topicID=33.topic

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

    "Paul Smith" wrote:

    > Have a look at, there's a new exe to use and lots of other tips:
    >
    > http://p219.ezboard.com/fthearmorypacgenforumfrm3.showMessage?topicID=33.topic

    Paul, I appreciate the tip. I'll give it a try. This EXE must be pretty
    new ... I've been Googling Pacific General and XP every week for the past
    five months and this is the first I have seen of this new EXE.

    I'll let you know how it works out later this week (I have a saved PacGen
    game that crashes every time during the Computer/AI turn on XP but not on
    Win98, so I will know right away if this new patch will fix my problem).

    Thanks again,
    -Kerry-

    "Paul Smith" wrote:

    > Have a look at, there's a new exe to use and lots of other tips:
    >
    > http://p219.ezboard.com/fthearmorypacgenforumfrm3.showMessage?topicID=33.topic

    Paul:

    Thanks! I tried this patch for Pacific General on WinXP and it works! I got
    well past the point where it was crashing before. Still going...

    -Kerry-
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    > Thanks! I tried this patch for Pacific General on WinXP and it works! I
    > got
    > well past the point where it was crashing before. Still going...

    Good to hear!

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.
    http://www.windowsresource.net/

    *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

    -

Games Microsoft Compatibility Windows XP