Pacific General (SSI) & WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerry

Has anyone had any luck getting this game to work on WinXP? Even in
Compatibility Mode, the game crashes every time during the second scenario in
a Campaign game.

-Kerry-

"Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had any luck getting this game to work on WinXP? Even in
> Compatibility Mode, the game crashes every time during the second scenario
> in
> a Campaign game.

Have a look at, there's a new exe to use and lots of other tips:

http://p219.ezboard.com/fthearmorypacgenforumfrm3.showMessage?topicID=33.topic

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Kerry

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> Have a look at, there's a new exe to use and lots of other tips:
>
> http://p219.ezboard.com/fthearmorypacgenforumfrm3.showMessage?topicID=33.topic

Paul, I appreciate the tip. I'll give it a try. This EXE must be pretty
new ... I've been Googling Pacific General and XP every week for the past
five months and this is the first I have seen of this new EXE.

I'll let you know how it works out later this week (I have a saved PacGen
game that crashes every time during the Computer/AI turn on XP but not on
Win98, so I will know right away if this new patch will fix my problem).

Thanks again,

> Thanks! I tried this patch for Pacific General on WinXP and it works! I
> got
> well past the point where it was crashing before. Still going...

Good to hear!

--

-

Status