Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyimbecile

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
hello i just recently purchased a computer, i bought a barebones kit from tiger direct. it came with this mobo GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H Intel 7 Series Motherboard its crossfire ready which really bums me out. i also purchased a nvidia geforce 560. ive been trying to play the new dx11 games so im wondering if i should upgrade to the geforce gtx 670 or just buy a new mobo thats sli compatible and another 560 for sli. would it be worth it?? im already familiar with the parts needed to sli i have all that covered, so any suggestions anyone?? the reason im asking is because im a gamer on a budget lol :)

Solution
Dual GTX560s will deliver comparable performance to a single GTX670, but if they're 1GB models, you're gonna run into problems at high settings and resolutions in new games, and you're looking at limited longevity. You'll also get more consistent performance from a single powerful GPU. So GTX670 is the better option if you can sell the GTX560 for a decent price.
Dual GTX560s will deliver comparable performance to a single GTX670, but if they're 1GB models, you're gonna run into problems at high settings and resolutions in new games, and you're looking at limited longevity. You'll also get more consistent performance from a single powerful GPU. So GTX670 is the better option if you can sell the GTX560 for a decent price.

Solution

dirtyimbecile

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
thank you very much for the reply my hardware is on its way from newegg :) im just going to save some money for a new mobo and another 670 and some cooling haha hopefully i can find someone that will buy my card i was willing to sell it for 70 but my friend isnt biting T_T any kind of money will help right now. i feel like theres a hole in my pocket lol

Status
Not open for further replies.