Sign in with
Your question

Start-Up Issue

Last response: in Systems
February 16, 2013 2:33:19 PM

Basically whenever I start-up my computer for the first time in the morning, it goes through the motherboard splash screen, then goes to the screen where it shows windows starting up, but stays on that screen no matter, and the windows logo doesn't. I turn it off and start it up again, and skip through the boot message stating if I want to run the start-up repair program or launch normally. I hit launch normally, and windows starts up like usual with no problems. I've been doing this for the past couple of months, and haven not changed an of the hardware in my machine. Any ideas on why this happens?

More about : start issue

a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
February 16, 2013 2:41:23 PM

You could try to run a scan disk within Windows or next time it boots to this screen try "last know good configuration". Sounds like a weird Windows boot up issue. You could always try running a windows repair, but I really hate doing that. Another thing to try is to hit F8 from your first boot up where it normally gets stuck. This should put you in a boot menu. Try selecting Safe Mode to see if it boots all the way through. I've seen issues like this that sort of fix themselves if you can get it to boot in safe mode that first time. Then reboot normally.

Just some random things I've done in the past to correct weird windows boot issues.
m
l
February 16, 2013 2:53:16 PM

I'll try safe mode most definitely, thanks, it's just one of those things you know.
m
l
!