tkananen

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
Hey guys i have a question hopefully you can help me with. Over the summer i decided to get a gaming computer and start the wonderful world of pc gaming. I wanted to futureproof my computer and decided to start upgrading parts in it. I wanted at first to get a new graphics card. I picked one up from best buy and went to the local computer store. I needed a new power supply because mine did not have a cable to power the card. Once everything was connected we fired her up and nothing came up, only beeps. We looked up the beeps and they corresponded with a graphics card problem. We thought this was strange and tried other graphics cards that required power directly to them and none-the-less, they did not work. After that we tried a different power supply, same problem. Tried a different motherboard...same problem. Even went as far as a new CPU...you guessed it : same problem. It boggles my mind that even after practically a new computer, it still rejected the graphics card. I am at a loss here. Hopefully you guys can help a fellow brother out. The problem only worked when the computer had a graphics card that required direct power to it, sad thing is only the good ones need them. I will post the specs of my set up,

AMD FX-Series FX-4100(3.6GHz)
8GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity
AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB
500GB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM
Coolmax 750 watt power supply.

killerhurtalot

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2012
hmm... your psu is overkill for the system you got so i don't see any reason why it shouldn't boot up... it could just be a dead graphics card...

It shouldn't be a problem with the PCI-E power delivery since you switched motherboards (and dedicated graphics card with another power plug works)

I'd suggest trying to game or something with a dedicated card that has another 6 pin and see if it crashes. if it does, then it's your Pci-E slot not delivering power. if not, then it's probably because your 6670 is dead.

tkananen

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012

Hahaha, i have the power supply because that night the guy went through all the trouble to put it in so i decided to keep it. It just blows my brain how we built a whole new computer and the same problem. Pay-day is tomorrow and im going to try another store and see if i have the same problem.