Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New Build For a Friend

Last response: in Systems
February 16, 2013 4:51:26 PM

Hello Techies :hello: 

Looking to build a new PC for a friend, floor to ceiling, mainly for cruising the internet, redundant storage, and a small amount of home video editing. The guy is kinda paranoid about losing pictures of his twins so I was planning on setting up a Raid 1 over 2 HDD's, whats your guys opinion on this? To keep the cost down I was going to utilize onboard graphics, unless this idea is out of the question. I used a rather large PSU for expansion and OC. If there's ways to get the cost down a little more without sacrificing performance and longevity I'm open to almost anything. Price is at $760 with what I'm looking at without the OS, so I'll post what I'm looking at and you guys tear it apart, you know the drill. :D  Thanks In Advance.

MoBo: ASRock A75 EXTREME6
CPU:AMD A8-3870K
CPU Heatsink:COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
Memory:G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
HDD's:Seagate Barracuda
PSU:CORSAIR CX600M 600W
Monitor:Zalman MZ230ED Black 23"
Keyboard/Mouse:Logitech MK120
Burner:LG 24X DVD Burner
Speakers:Logitech S120
Case:Xigmatek ASGARD 381

More about : build friend

Best solution

February 16, 2013 6:07:52 PM

Use trinity instead of llano, the integrated is far better.
Related resources
February 16, 2013 6:32:08 PM

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking. Is this going to be used for any sort of gaming? or is it just every day use.
m
l
February 16, 2013 6:59:03 PM

lt_dan_zsu said:
Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking. Is this going to be used for any sort of gaming? or is it just every day use.

Mostly every day stuff, if he really plans on gaming in the future he can always add a dedicated card. His wife maybe does a little home video editing of the twins once in a while but thats all graphicly. Is it worth an oc for this, for the rendering? what's the oc potential of this chip, safely?
m
l
February 16, 2013 7:38:08 PM

I don't know much about the overclocking potential of these cpus. You will get a decent amount more performance, just make sure your cpu isn't getting to hot. But each cpu overclocks differently, so I don't know the potential.
m
l
February 24, 2013 8:46:56 PM

Best answer selected by hillmanant.
m
l
!