(SOLVED) PC Turns Off, Cant turn back ON... DEAD GPU

jomari29

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Hey guys, i built my a few months ago, and just today by PC gets into problems...

Clues.

While im playing my Mouse and keyboard, just stopped responding, my HDD LED stopped flashing,
Its ok, restart PC, all good.

Then i was playing again, my PC turned off, just sudden, but this time it wont turn on..

Everytime i plug the PSU in and turn on the power button, my CPU fan would spin then stops,

MOBO lights turns on, TPU, EPU and the big green LED

Diagnosis:

My PSU is alright, did the pin test and it passed it,

My Case Power button is good, i tripped the power pins and the CPU fans again responded, by spinning then stopping.

Im pretty sure it cant be HDD/SSD or RAM because, my PC wont even turn on...

not even the GPU can be blamed...

Conclusion:

Is the Motherboard to blame here?
Is there anyway to test?
What else can be the problem?

Thanks guys.

My Specs

i5 -2320
AMD HD 6950
Corsair 750 v2
8GB RAM
2TB HDD
60GB SSD

UPDATE:
Everytime i plug the PSU to the power,
My USB peripherals would still get power, like my USB mouse and keyboard would still have LED on, i can even charge my Nexus 7.

Still PSU or Mobo?

UPDATE 2:
After playing around and giggles...
I unplugged my XFX HD 6950 and boom... PC starts up...
DEAD GPU...

The pin test only tells you the power supply is not dead. That does not mean it isn't the power supply. The green light on the mb just tells you about 3A of power is flowing to the board.

It really sounds like a psu failure. First I would take each power suppy connection off the motherboard and reseat them. If you have another psu you can test it with or a local shop that will test it that would be my first step.

Tyrae1

Honorable
May 21, 2013
Listen to jnkWeaver, it very well might be your PSU and if you really want to run some more diagnostics to pin down the exact problem I'd recommend trying a breadboard and work from barebones up to your current build.

jomari29

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

damn i forgot about this thread...
the reason for this is my my dead HD6950...
its preventing the PC to start...

Tyrae1

Honorable
May 21, 2013
Well that would do it. I really need to look at dates before I necro up threads. xD

A good way to find out it was the GPU would have been to test booting your pc using the MOBO's onboard graphics chipset, assuming you had one.