New Computer LOW FPS!??

Hello world! :D

I just built my first computer, well changed almost everything in my old system. The system I had wasn't good enough for me, so I wished for some computer parts for Christmas, and I got it! So I built the computer parts, and my system is obviously running. Otherwise I wouldn't been posting here.

I got new graphics card, a new motherboard, and a processor. They were so beautiful, in the packages. I removed my old parts and replaced with the new ones. It was pretty "easy", used my manual pretty much, and I got it all finished. started it and installed all drivers and re-installed and formatted my HDD. Everything seems to work fine. But all benchmarks told me else. I got not as I expected and, not too much better than the old rig.

I compared with my friends computer and he won over me with something about 15-20 fps. and the score were obviously higher.

When I turn my computer on, and it has started some of the application, its easily freezes and explorer.exe stop easily. Its irritating. :D

So long story short:

My computer isn't as good as I hoped for, or thought. Is there reasons for it? Have I done something horrible wrong? Are there anything i've missed? etc...

Quote:
My Computer Specs:

Case: CM Storm Trooper/Black edition.

Motherboard: Maximus V formula (No Thunder FX)

Processor: i5 3570k

Graphics Card: Asus Geforce GTX 670 4GB VRAM

HDD: 932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1 (SATA)

Power Supply: Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU

RAM: Corsair Dominator: 12,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 539MHz (9-9-9-24)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

3Dmark test:

Score: P7752
Graphics Score 7990
Physics Score 7204
Combined Score 6994
3 answers Last reply
More about computer
  1. Prebb98 said:
    Hello world! :D

I just built my first computer, well changed almost everything in my old system. The system I had wasn't good enough for me, so I wished for some computer parts for Christmas, and I got it! So I built the computer parts, and my system is obviously running. Otherwise I wouldn't been posting here.

I got new graphics card, a new motherboard, and a processor. They were so beautiful, in the packages. I removed my old parts and replaced with the new ones. It was pretty "easy", used my manual pretty much, and I got it all finished. started it and installed all drivers and re-installed and formatted my HDD. Everything seems to work fine. But all benchmarks told me else. I got not as I expected and, not too much better than the old rig.

I compared with my friends computer and he won over me with something about 15-20 fps. and the score were obviously higher.

When I turn my computer on, and it has started some of the application, its easily freezes and explorer.exe stop easily. Its irritating. :D

So long story short:

My computer isn't as good as I hoped for, or thought. Is there reasons for it? Have I done something horrible wrong? Are there anything i've missed? etc...

Quote:
    My Computer Specs:

Case: CM Storm Trooper/Black edition.

Motherboard: Maximus V formula (No Thunder FX)

Processor: i5 3570k

Graphics Card: Asus Geforce GTX 670 4GB VRAM

HDD: 932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1 (SATA)

Power Supply: Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU

RAM: Corsair Dominator: 12,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 539MHz (9-9-9-24)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

3Dmark test:

Score: P7752
    Graphics Score 7990
    Physics Score 7204
    Combined Score 6994

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/104768-troubleshooting-explorer-exe-crashing-issues.html
  2. That will probably fix explorer.exe but what about my asus gtx 670 doing its job? Is it my power supply? What is the readon being '.'
  3. Hi Prebb,
    The 3570K and GTX670 should rock!
    Excellent CPU and vidcard.
    It is difficult to do a motherboard transplant including vidcard and CPU, within the same OS.
    In the old days, you often had to reinstall a fresh OS since you were likely to encounter a BSOD trying to start the new system.
    So, you installed new Intel chipset drivers, right?
    Since you're saying it's cranky and freezes-up from time to time, I'm pretty sure you'd be better off with a fresh OS install - I know; easier said than done, right?
    Heheh...
    But the fact that your performance seems lacklustre is decisive.
    I reinstall my OS maybe once/year.
    It's always very much snappier and faster.
    Anyway - new chipset drivers (a lot of people are unaware) plus you're probably going to have a viciously fragged harddisk since your upgrade.
    Try the latest Defraggler (just do the Quick Defrag at first).
    Reinstall is a big job, but you know, it's likely to solve your issues.
    Also; you didn't specify which 3DMark you are running... (there are many).
    Regards
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics