Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Routers
  • USB Adapter
  • Belkin
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
March 13, 2012 9:30:52 AM

im connected with cable/internet but i want to be able to connect on the go with my home connection

More about : belkin router usb adapter laptop

a c 571 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
March 13, 2012 12:04:10 PM

(1) Away from home - you want to connect with your home router and internet account?
Or
(2) In the home, in another room, you want to connect with your home router and internet account?

m
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
March 13, 2012 2:29:52 PM

If your a Virgin cable user, checkout their bundles home/mobile broadband deals or whatever your ISP offers.

If no bundles, get yoursellf a cheap contract 3G dongle with a data limit/price to suit you. Check which service provider has best coverage in the areas you will visit.
m
l
Related resources
March 14, 2012 1:08:57 AM

WR2 said:
(1) Away from home - you want to connect with your home router and internet account?
Or
(2) In the home, in another room, you want to connect with your home router and internet account?

yes i want to use it away from home
m
l
a c 571 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
March 14, 2012 1:47:44 AM

The only way you could do that was to connect - over the internet - with your home system.
And you'd already be connected to the internet - so? What's the reason for wanting to connect via your home account when you're away from home?
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
March 14, 2012 6:10:20 AM

As das_stig mentioned, there is only two ways to connect to the internet when away from home:

1) Contact a cell provider, and get one of their USB dongles
2) Do what a lot of us do: Go into a place that offers wifi, and use their wifi. It might cost you $5 or so(depending on the place, but some require you to purchase something), but it's worth the price if you really need to go online away from home.
m
l