Nokia 6680 - MSN Messenger?

Last response: in Brands
May 24, 2005 10:15:06 AM

I hear there is a "messenger application" preinstalled on the Nokia
6680. Does this allow you to connect to any IM network (ie, MSN, Yahoo
etc)??

Many thanks in advance.

Paul
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 1:20:58 PM

Ok thanks. I'll do that.

If the 6680 does not support MSN IM, what IM networks DOES it support?

Thanks,

P.
May 24, 2005 7:08:00 PM

Paul Turner wrote:

> I hear there is a "messenger application" preinstalled on the Nokia
> 6680. Does this allow you to connect to any IM network (ie, MSN, Yahoo
> etc)??

No but you can download Agile Messenger for free.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

errr, no. that's just for 2g phones via sms or phones with windows
mobile installed. no sign of msn messenger for symbian os phones like
the 6680. :(
May 25, 2005 12:05:49 PM

It does support MSN but you have to pay a subscription to Microsoft, goto
their website mobile.msn.com
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:29:46 AM

"Paul Turner" <turnerpaul@gmail.com> wrote in message
> errr, no. that's just for 2g phones via sms or phones with windows
> mobile installed. no sign of msn messenger for symbian os phones like
> the 6680. :(

Agile messenger is the way to go.
It's completely free to use
All you pay is your GPRS charges while sending and receiving messages
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 8:16:29 AM

I installed Agile Messenger on my 6680 and it's very good. Highly
recommended. Simple, free and painless. it works.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:05:44 PM

yup wrote:

> Agile messenger is the way to go.
> It's completely free to use
> All you pay is your GPRS charges while sending and receiving messages

Also java-based messengers work, like IM+, QuickIM and Jimm (for ICQ,
not MSN).

What the Smarthone and java messengers dont have is support for contact
blocking and log saving. IM+ does support contact blocking but its not free.

Olli
May 27, 2005 10:03:56 PM

Paul Turner wrote:

> I installed Agile Messenger on my 6680 and it's very good. Highly
> recommended. Simple, free and painless. it works.

Yep a great little program, and its free too. Would be good if they
could add vibrate alert when you get messages, like the Windows based
smartphones have.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 3:01:24 PM

yeah that would be cool!

I've had a few small problems with it so far, for instance it shows
some (only some) of my blocked contacts as not blocked, and I can't see
a way to block them in agile.
!