Nokia 6680 - MSN Messenger?

I hear there is a "messenger application" preinstalled on the Nokia
6680. Does this allow you to connect to any IM network (ie, MSN, Yahoo
etc)??

Many thanks in advance.

Paul
9 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6680 messenger

    Ok thanks. I'll do that.

    If the 6680 does not support MSN IM, what IM networks DOES it support?

    Thanks,

    P.

    Paul Turner wrote:

    > I hear there is a "messenger application" preinstalled on the Nokia
    > 6680. Does this allow you to connect to any IM network (ie, MSN, Yahoo
    > etc)??

    No but you can download Agile Messenger for free.

    --
    Marc
    See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

    errr, no. that's just for 2g phones via sms or phones with windows
    mobile installed. no sign of msn messenger for symbian os phones like
    the 6680. :(

    It does support MSN but you have to pay a subscription to Microsoft, goto
    their website mobile.msn.com

    "Paul Turner" <turnerpaul@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > errr, no. that's just for 2g phones via sms or phones with windows
    > mobile installed. no sign of msn messenger for symbian os phones like
    > the 6680. :(

    Agile messenger is the way to go.
    It's completely free to use
    All you pay is your GPRS charges while sending and receiving messages

    I installed Agile Messenger on my 6680 and it's very good. Highly
    recommended. Simple, free and painless. it works.

    yup wrote:

    > Agile messenger is the way to go.
    > It's completely free to use
    > All you pay is your GPRS charges while sending and receiving messages

    Also java-based messengers work, like IM+, QuickIM and Jimm (for ICQ,
    not MSN).

    What the Smarthone and java messengers dont have is support for contact
    blocking and log saving. IM+ does support contact blocking but its not free.

    Olli

    Paul Turner wrote:

    > I installed Agile Messenger on my 6680 and it's very good. Highly
    > recommended. Simple, free and painless. it works.

    Yep a great little program, and its free too. Would be good if they
    could add vibrate alert when you get messages, like the Windows based
    smartphones have.

    --
    Marc
    See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

    yeah that would be cool!

    I've had a few small problems with it so far, for instance it shows
    some (only some) of my blocked contacts as not blocked, and I can't see
    a way to block them in agile.

Nokia Internet Explorer MSN Messenger