Trading Computer Build

Hi all,

I am quite a computer noob but have done various research on trying to build my trading rig. I am from Singapore, so will most probably get all my parts at Sim Lim Square which is a huge shopping centre with many many stores selling those parts and will get them to assemble.

First up, main CPU usage is just for trading softwares, with 4 monitors and i think the most intensive gaming I will do is only Left for Dead2, which I think not really intensive.
Main requirements: rig can support up to 8 monitors in future, but as of now just 4 monitors will do.
Budget: $600-$800 excluding 4 monitors to buy

1. Will like opinions for these 3 CPUs:
FX 6100 vs A10 5800k vs i5 3470

I have feelings for AMD as my current HP laptop with AMD Turion64x2 is still going well even after 5 years
2. Please advise on my below current planned build [SGD$]:

$339 [CPU+mobo] FX6100 with ASUS M5A97 Pro
$68 [RAM] Kingston DDR3 1600 CL11 4GB (x2) = 8GB
$74 [HardDisk] Western Digital 500GB 16mb
$126 [Graphic] Sapphire HD6450 1GB DDR3 (x2)
$25 [CDRom]Samsung DVDRW
$78 [Power] Seasonic S1211 NonModular 520W
$45 [Fan] CoolerMaster TX3 Cooler
$69 [Case] Any ATX case will do fine
Total: SGD$824 = USD$667

3. Will like a discussion on the graphics card part?
4. Which monitors would be a good consideration for a 23 inch screen?

Thanks all for the help!!! the info here is so much yet is enjoyable reading all the builds!
4 answers Last reply
More about trading computer build
  1. Any advice i could get?

I have done more research, and looks like the Seasonic PSU is really bang for value.
    I will most probably going for an Antec One Case as its looks really good for keeping temp down.
    5. I also wonder if I do need to purchase a CPU cooler even though I will not do any over-clocking or intensive gaming?

Thanks!
  2. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  3. Hi guys,

any thoughts on my build?
    have read that many ppl encountered problems with the M5A97 Pro with FX6100 combi..

abit worried that instead i have to switch to Intel..
  4. Approximate Purchase Date: This week (the closer the better)
    Budget Range: 600-800
    System Usage from Most to Least Important: Trading software, multiple spreadsheets, casual game [L4D2]
    Are you buying a monitor: Yes, 3 monitors
    Parts to Upgrade: Everything
    Do you need to buy OS: Unsure, have a Win XP
    Preferred Website(s) for Parts: None
    Parts Preferences: Prefer AMD
    Overclocking: No
    SLI or Crossfire: Yes
    Your Monitor Resolution: Unsure, anything will do
    Additional Comments: Quiet PC, able to support up to 4 monitors and probably 8 monitors in future
    And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Need a new desktop
    Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts. Please do not post only links.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Computers Monitors Systems