My PC closes down and re boots it self, during the first few minutes of
attempting to play brothers in arms. Thereafter there is a windows message
stating that a serious error has been recovered and a log has been created.

Any ideas. Tony.

Hi Tony,

"Tony Dukes" <tony@dukes7644.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:OP6GE8HVFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| My PC closes down and re boots it self, during the first few minutes of
| attempting to play brothers in arms. Thereafter there is a windows message
| stating that a serious error has been recovered and a log has been created.
|
| Any ideas. Tony.

Your system is most likely restarting as a result of a STOP error.

To stop this behavior go to Control Panel / System / Advanced /
Click the Startup and Recovery Settings button / Uncheck the box
labeled "Automatically restart" under the System Failure section.

To analyze the error, try the steps in: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

If the error indicates a file name that begins with ati, or nv (nVidia)
the most likely solution would be to install the latest drivers using
the instructions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms