First gaming PC build

I want to build an Intel based gaming system. My idea is to go pretty heavy on the CPU and mobo so I have the option to easily upgrade.

Right now I'm looking at the Intel i5-3570K and MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt. I'm planning to start with 8 gb of ripjaw ram and a WD 7200 rpm 6 gb/s HDD.

These are expensive components so I don't want to buy them if they are overkill. What sort of GPU should I be looking at to warrant these purchases?

As I've said, I want my system to be easily upgradable so I can increase its life but I don't want to buy anything unnecessary. Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about first gaming build
  1. Here's how you should ask : http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgrade-advice

Do the it similar like that for better help.
  2. Sorry, hopefully I can clear up some confusion.

I'm looking to build an Intel based PC used primarily for gaming. I'm hoping to buy in the next few weeks and I was trying to get some thoughts and opinions before I dive in.

I'm looking to spend around $750 but go pretty heavy with the CPU and mobo so I can easily add ram and a second of whichever video card I decide to use. I plan to use a TV as my monitor (for now) and I won't need to buy an OS for this build. Overclocking is a maybe.

Below are the components I'm looking at right now but I'd like to know if anything is too much or too little.

Thanks!

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 912
    Mobo: MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt
    CPU: Intel i5-3570K
    RAM: 8 gb (2x4gb) G Skill Ripjaw 1600
    HDD: WD 320 gb 7200 rpm 6 gb/s
    GPU: Unsure but maybe Radeon HD 7770
    PSU: Corsair Enthusiast TX650
  3. You're spending to much one the cpu and other stuff and less on the gpu, if it's primarily for gaming, you need a better gpu.
    I don't see much of a point in crossfiring two low end cards, and 8GB is suffice for gaming, most boards got 4 dimm slots.
    My suggestion, look for the i5-3350p which is much more cheaper, and a h77 or z75 motherboard.
    And get a better card, if possible the 7870 tahiti le, the xfx 550 core edition is a quality psu as good as the corsair TX V2, both seasonic units, but the xfx 550 is cheaper, and you'll probably won't need 650W.
  4. OK great. I'll look into those. I really appreciate it!
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Systems Product