Sign in with
Your question

First gaming PC build

Last response: in Systems
February 17, 2013 1:57:13 AM

I want to build an Intel based gaming system. My idea is to go pretty heavy on the CPU and mobo so I have the option to easily upgrade.

Right now I'm looking at the Intel i5-3570K and MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt. I'm planning to start with 8 gb of ripjaw ram and a WD 7200 rpm 6 gb/s HDD.

These are expensive components so I don't want to buy them if they are overkill. What sort of GPU should I be looking at to warrant these purchases?

As I've said, I want my system to be easily upgradable so I can increase its life but I don't want to buy anything unnecessary. Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

More about : gaming build

February 17, 2013 2:26:00 AM

Sorry, hopefully I can clear up some confusion.

I'm looking to build an Intel based PC used primarily for gaming. I'm hoping to buy in the next few weeks and I was trying to get some thoughts and opinions before I dive in.

I'm looking to spend around $750 but go pretty heavy with the CPU and mobo so I can easily add ram and a second of whichever video card I decide to use. I plan to use a TV as my monitor (for now) and I won't need to buy an OS for this build. Overclocking is a maybe.

Below are the components I'm looking at right now but I'd like to know if anything is too much or too little.

Thanks!

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 912
Mobo: MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt
CPU: Intel i5-3570K
RAM: 8 gb (2x4gb) G Skill Ripjaw 1600
HDD: WD 320 gb 7200 rpm 6 gb/s
GPU: Unsure but maybe Radeon HD 7770
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast TX650
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
February 17, 2013 2:31:35 AM

You're spending to much one the cpu and other stuff and less on the gpu, if it's primarily for gaming, you need a better gpu.
I don't see much of a point in crossfiring two low end cards, and 8GB is suffice for gaming, most boards got 4 dimm slots.
My suggestion, look for the i5-3350p which is much more cheaper, and a h77 or z75 motherboard.
And get a better card, if possible the 7870 tahiti le, the xfx 550 core edition is a quality psu as good as the corsair TX V2, both seasonic units, but the xfx 550 is cheaper, and you'll probably won't need 650W.
m
l
February 17, 2013 2:40:09 AM

OK great. I'll look into those. I really appreciate it!
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 17, 2013 3:10:46 AM
!