Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My Budget/Enthusiast builds- HELP ME!

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
February 17, 2013 2:58:37 AM

First there is some general information, and then below that is the actual builds so far (Budget and Enthusiast). I would definitely like some feedback and advise, whether it's positive or negative doesn't matter! :)  Thank you in advance!

Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget: I will list the respective parts prices in DKK, and each builds total price in both DKK and USD.
All parts will be bought at: www.computersalg.dk
You can find almost every computer part on the website above, and compare prices etc. with the parts that I have listed in my two builds.
BTW: 1$=5.5 DKK


System Usage: I'll primarily be gaming and doing usual tasks (watching movies, surfing, etc.). I'll play titles such as; Path of Exile, Far Cry 3, GTA V (when it's finally released :pt1cable: ),probably Crysis 3 and more. I might be doing a small amount of video editing, but no hard editing other than that whatsoever

Monitor: I'll buy the AOC i2352vh 80hz IPS

Overclocking: I'll be overclocking both the CPU and GPU on either of the two builds

Crossfire/SLI: Probably not on the budget build, but aiming for it on the enthusiast build

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080p

The Budget Build:
CPU- AMD Black Edition FX 8350- 1373 DKK
Mobo- ASRock 990FX Extreme3- 702 DKK
GPU- PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ Myst. Edition- 1678 DKK
RAM- Corsair XMS3, 8GB, CL9, 1600MHz- 365 DKK
System drive- Samsung 840 SSD (non-pro) 120GB- 690 DKK
Storage drive- Seagate Barracuda, 1TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache- 482 DKK
CPU cooler- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO- 239 DKK
PSU- XFX Core Edition, 550W- 424 DKK
Optical drive- Samsung SH-224BB- 148 DKK
Chassis- Zalman Z11 Plus- 581 DKK

Total: 6687 DKK/1197 USD

The "Enthusiast" Build:
CPU- Intel 3570k- 1552 DKK
Mobo- Asrock Z77 Extreme4- 915 DKK
GPU- Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950- 2187 DKK
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 16GB, CL9, 1600MHz- 639 DKK
System drive- OCZ Vertex 4, 128GB- 834 DKK
Storage drive- Seagate Barracuda, 1TB, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache- 482 DKK
CPU cooler- Corsair h80i- 673 DKK
PSU- XFX Proseries XXX-edition, Semi-Modular, 750W- 729 DKK
Optical drive- Samsung SH-224BB- 148 DKK
Chassis- Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed version, with one extra Fractal Design Silent Series R2 140mm fan

Total: 9124 DKK/1634 USD

So... Which one would you ultimately go for? Do you have any suggestions on swapping some parts for some others?
I DO have the money for either build, but I'm very value orientated and would definitely want to safe some money if and where it's possible :D 
Thanks again! ;) 

More about : budget enthusiast builds

February 17, 2013 3:06:50 AM

Your Enthusiest Build has some great choices that I recommend often. I would stay away from OCZ SSDs though. Go with Samsung or Crucial. I say go with that build. It will use far less energy and well, its faster, yet still a good value.
February 17, 2013 4:22:38 AM

with the i5 cpus if your not going to over clock the gaming rig you can get a 3540 or the newer 3xxx i5 that does not have build in gpu for some savings.
Related resources
February 17, 2013 4:26:07 AM

maestro0428 said:
Your Enthusiest Build has some great choices that I recommend often. I would stay away from OCZ SSDs though. Go with Samsung or Crucial. I say go with that build. It will use far less energy and well, its faster, yet still a good value.

Their new ssd's are actually really good.
----
Also I would go for the enthusiasts build too
February 17, 2013 4:26:25 AM

maestro0428 said:
Your Enthusiest Build has some great choices that I recommend often. I would stay away from OCZ SSDs though. Go with Samsung or Crucial. I say go with that build. It will use far less energy and well, its faster, yet still a good value.


OCZ SSDs are fine as long as you don't get their Sandforce junk. The Vector is currently the single fastest SSD on the market (most benchmarks show it surpassing the Samsung 840 Pro) and I have the Vertex 4 and it's a great drive. Just don't get anything else.
February 17, 2013 12:43:06 PM

maestro0428 said:
Your Enthusiest Build has some great choices that I recommend often. I would stay away from OCZ SSDs though. Go with Samsung or Crucial. I say go with that build. It will use far less energy and well, its faster, yet still a good value.


Azn Cracker said:
Their new ssd's are actually really good.
----
Also I would go for the enthusiasts build too


g-unit1111 said:
OCZ SSDs are fine as long as you don't get their Sandforce junk. The Vector is currently the single fastest SSD on the market (most benchmarks show it surpassing the Samsung 840 Pro) and I have the Vertex 4 and it's a great drive. Just don't get anything else.


Seems like the OCZ drives are dividing people into two groups, though I've also heard very good things about the vertex 4, especially about it's random writes which should be insanely fast- and I also like the fact that it's NOT Sandforce-driven, because of all the problems there have been. I hear it should be fixed though, correct me if I'm wrong... About the 840-PRO- it's a lot more expensive, and as both builds pretty much seek value for money, makes it's hard to justify the 840 PRO over the vertex 4 which is a lot cheaper.
smorizio said:
with the i5 cpus if your not going to over clock the gaming rig you can get a 3540 or the newer 3xxx i5 that does not have build in gpu for some savings.

I think you misunderstood it- I will most definitely be overclocking the heck outta both rigs- thanks for the reply though :D 
February 19, 2013 7:06:16 PM

packerfanatic said:
Seems like the OCZ drives are dividing people into two groups, though I've also heard very good things about the vertex 4, especially about it's random writes which should be insanely fast- and I also like the fact that it's NOT Sandforce-driven, because of all the problems there have been. I hear it should be fixed though, correct me if I'm wrong... About the 840-PRO- it's a lot more expensive, and as both builds pretty much seek value for money, makes it's hard to justify the 840 PRO over the vertex 4 which is a lot cheaper.


Most of the regulars here know I'm definitely not the biggest fan of Sandforce. I have a Vertex 4 and it's a fine drive, I replaced an Intel 320 which gave me nothing but problems - and it was a Sandforce drive. I really like the 840 Pro. But if you're considering that drive, I'd recommend the OCZ Vector - it's currently the fastest drive on the market in terms of read - write speeds.
February 19, 2013 9:57:03 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Most of the regulars here know I'm definitely not the biggest fan of Sandforce. I have a Vertex 4 and it's a fine drive, I replaced an Intel 320 which gave me nothing but problems - and it was a Sandforce drive. I really like the 840 Pro. But if you're considering that drive, I'd recommend the OCZ Vector - it's currently the fastest drive on the market in terms of read - write speeds.

Thanks for the reply! You seem trustworthy- since "people" know who you are (I'm new on the forums) ;) 
One question: Is it only read/write speeds that really matters? What about Random IOPS?
!