Hi i need some solution for my amd pc

weksz

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
so i have been using my pc for only like half year something and its starting to really break a part now everytime i play anygame it always either freeze up or just restart it self and when it happen you can see like the mouse pointer is breaking up to some pixel and sometime just totaly shut itself i have changed the psu before but samething keep repeating itself,it was working fine the first 3 month ,i have already run the prime 95 test on all 4 core of my cpu but its working fine and sometime when i try to reboot the pc it just show the word disk read error and i had to restart my pc several time for it to get working, i had already updated my mobo bios to its newest one but it changed nothing,the thing is that the error and auto shutdown and freeze only happened when i am playing game like anygame not just 1 type of game.but other than that its working fine,below is my spec:
CPU :amd fx 4100
mobo :gigabyte 970-ad3
ram :8 gb g skill 1300 ghz???
hard drive:500 gb seagate i dont know what raid is it but i think its normal one
psu : 650 w widetech (well this is the most irritating part i went to my usual shop and tell them about the problem i have and they asked me to changed my old psu which is the gh 650 w as well and after changing it the same thing keep happening again and turn out when i check on the internet this WIDETECH CRAP is pure CRAP ,and been regreting it ever since ,and they charge me 95 aus $ for it )
cooling cpu : cooler master 212 hyper evo
gpu : gigabyte hd 6770 ( i had a new one gtx 660 ti which just wont run at all with my system can u guys pls suggest whats wrong with this one as well pls)
i had truly been disapointed on how amd performance on this system but i wanna hear all your oppinion first before chucking the whole system and moving to intel since this is a rather new system i feel kinda bad as well so pls guys help me to solve it

I wouldn't blame the AMD CPU for your issues, CPU's have a tendency to work or not work outright, isn't any middleground.
Also its an FX-4100, you cant exactly say you expected it to perform well. Its the lowest end chip from the last AMD architecture, which was notorious for being fairly weak as a whole.

To me these problems sound like something to do with either the RAM or HDD (thinking HDD).
Download two programs, one called Memtest86+ and another called Crystal Disk Info.
Memtest tests the memory, put it on a USB drive and boot into it from the BIOS. It will run and after a while will tell your if there are any issues with your memory.
Crystal Disk Info will check your HDD's health, if C: has gone over its bad sector count or is otherwise failing, it could be the cause of your issues.

weksz

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
thanks for replying ,i ll try to do the mem test,but how about the psu ??? do u think that could be the problem as well because i do know that fx series is very power hungry so is my psu part of the problem as well ??

Unless that PSU is literally an empty box, I dont think inadequate power is an issue. An FX-4100 draws 95W under full load, so add another 50W for the rest of the system and youv got a total draw of ~145W. Well within the capabilities of even a shoddy PSU.
Though whether the power coming from the PSU is clean is another issue. But for now, would test to see if its other components at fault.

weksz

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
i had no idea about empty box but it was quite heavy though the brand was some shitty one "widetech" but i will try your suggestion and run the memtest and crystal disk first,i ll let you know the result of the benchmark as soon as i finish running it ,thanks mate cheers :)