Nokia software for Mac?

Last response: in Brands
May 25, 2005 2:31:30 PM

Hi. My 3100 has started severely playing up so I've ordered myself a 6230.
Problem is that all my numbers are stored on the phone and I can't be
bothered transferring them all. Is there any software like Oxygen I can use
to move the numbers and messages to my G4 Powerbook running Tiger (OSX 10.4)
and then move them onto the 6230? Preferably free, but if I have to fork out
a bit then I will. And I presume the normal USB data cable will work fine on
Macs?

TIA

Zo

More about : nokia software mac

Anonymous
June 24, 2005 9:03:38 PM

In article <BEBA0482.29C53%the_proper_one@hotmail.com>,
Zomoniac <the_proper_one@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi. My 3100 has started severely playing up so I've ordered myself a 6230.
>Problem is that all my numbers are stored on the phone and I can't be
>bothered transferring them all. Is there any software like Oxygen I can use
>to move the numbers and messages to my G4 Powerbook running Tiger (OSX 10.4)
>and then move them onto the 6230? Preferably free, but if I have to fork out
>a bit then I will. And I presume the normal USB data cable will work fine on
>Macs?
>
>TIA
>

>Zo

Phone Manager works well with my Nokia 3610i via BlueTooth. Just check
with Version Tracker for details.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 12:12:57 AM

In article <jrp59-7F714A.12033824062005@news.verizon.net>,
Ron Parsons <jrp59@gte.net> wrote:

> In article <BEBA0482.29C53%the_proper_one@hotmail.com>,
> Zomoniac <the_proper_one@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi. My 3100 has started severely playing up so I've ordered myself a 6230.
> >Problem is that all my numbers are stored on the phone and I can't be
> >bothered transferring them all. Is there any software like Oxygen I can use
> >to move the numbers and messages to my G4 Powerbook running Tiger (OSX 10.4)
> >and then move them onto the 6230? Preferably free, but if I have to fork out
> >a bit then I will. And I presume the normal USB data cable will work fine on
> >Macs?
> >
> >TIA
> >

> >Zo
>
> Phone Manager works well with my Nokia 3610i via BlueTooth. Just check
> with Version Tracker for details.

There is also 'Nokia Collector' out for Mac, from Nokia. Of course
Nokia fails to tell anyone it is out. MacUpdate or VT should have it
listed.

It is v1.0 and does cause kernel panics. Just take things easy with
it and you can transfer files with BT. Not sure about phone numbers. You
should just be able to swap the SIM card to transfer numbers anyway.
That's what I did with the old Nokia 3590. Everything needed some
cleaning up, but all made it over OK.
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 9:30:56 PM

In article <jrp59-7F714A.12033824062005@news.verizon.net>,
Ron Parsons <jrp59@gte.net> wrote:

>In article <BEBA0482.29C53%the_proper_one@hotmail.com>,
> Zomoniac <the_proper_one@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi. My 3100 has started severely playing up so I've ordered myself a 6230.
>>Problem is that all my numbers are stored on the phone and I can't be
>>bothered transferring them all. Is there any software like Oxygen I can use
>>to move the numbers and messages to my G4 Powerbook running Tiger (OSX 10.4)
>>and then move them onto the 6230? Preferably free, but if I have to fork out
>>a bit then I will. And I presume the normal USB data cable will work fine on
>>Macs?
>>
>>TIA
>>

>>Zo
>
>Phone Manager works well with my Nokia 3610i via BlueTooth. Just check
>with Version Tracker for details.

As a follow up, PhoneDirector imports PhoneManager files. Everything
that was on the 6310i is now on the 6230.
!