Need help building a gaming pc

dath199

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
i need help to build my first gaming pc, my old pc is a prebuilt with a q8200 quad cpu and a 9600 gt but i dont know why its sucks when i use it; the 9600 gt always show the nvidia power warning which i think it shouldnt have because u know, its a prebuilt so its psu should be enough to feed the card right?
Anyway lets go back to the main thing, i need u guys to help me build this gaming pc, my budget is 670 as i said above, im using my phone to make this thread so i cant say detail about my information so here:
Part dont need: monitor(1204x1280), speaker,mouse,keyboard oh and do you think anything from my old pc can be use for this?(like case or cpu or etc...)
Website preferred: i live in Viet nam so is there any website send the parts to me?
Overclocking: maybe but dont really need it.
Crossfire, sli:no.
i have already plan to get the i3 2120 and the sapphire 6870, can you guys advice me any part left to use with them and to fit my budget or just get me another things

gussrtk

Honorable
could you give more details about the computer that is prebuilt and how old is it?

the prebuilt computer is old, but maybe with a new videocard and a little overclock you might find it useful again. I have a q6600 cpu which is still used as secondary computer (older generation than your cpu, but same type) and it does fairly well with games.

dath19999

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

Hi, thanks for your reply, im so thankful for it, and about the old pc, my father build it, but i dont know clear about it, i think its a prebuilt because i cant overclock it in the bios.
Im now on the phone so i cant give you any info about it, tomorrow ill send a report of it i made used the everest report in html, but please just get right into the new pc build pls

dath19999

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

Hi, thanks for your reply, im so thankful for it, and about the old pc, my father build it, but i dont know clear about it, i think its a prebuilt because i cant overclock it in the bios.
Im now on the phone so i cant give you any info about it, tomorrow ill send a report of it i made used the everest report in html, but please just get right into the new pc build pls

gussrtk

Honorable

ok here is a build. you will notice that it is well below your budget (i assume it was in usd currency). The thing is that the q8200 (cpu that you have) is really a good cpu. The cpu in the build below on average is about 30% better than what you have. The videocard is ALOT better than what you have (so you will find this build to play games nicely). The reason this build is under your stated budget, is because of where you live. I think the prices there are higher for same parts.

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/E4PF
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/E4PF/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/E4PF/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($97.99 @ NCIX)
CPU Cooler: Rosewill RCX-ZAIO-92 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($14.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($54.99 @ Canada Computers)
Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.50 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.00 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($176.42 @ DirectCanada)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($50.65 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $559.53
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-17 09:52 EST-0500)