Sign in with
Your question

Cat 12.11 still in beta!?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 31, 2012 5:56:49 PM

Hey all
Kind of a silly question. But does anyone know if there's a rough ETA when Cat 12.11 will be official and out of beta? Im waiting to build a new rig, prefer to avoid beta drivers. Really want 12.11 to be installed fresh on the system

More about : cat beta

a b U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
December 31, 2012 6:13:51 PM

uber_m0j0 said:
Hey all
Kind of a silly question. But does anyone know if there's a rough ETA when Cat 12.11 will be official and out of beta? Im waiting to build a new rig, prefer to avoid beta drivers. Really want 12.11 to be installed fresh on the system

Hi :) 

I don't know the answer as only AMD does...

But I use them for my 7990...and they are brilliant...not buggy at all..

All the best Brett :) 
a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2012 6:31:52 PM

I agree with Brett.
it is safe to use the beta version.
the full release date for cc 12.11 can only be confirmed by amd. many a times amd also skips 1 beta version and goes on to a full release of the next one.eg. a full release of the 12.12 with no beta for that, immediately after the beta 12.11
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2012 6:37:49 PM

The 12.11 drivers wil lbe out in approx. 1 month.

Google will finish it's robo-car in approx. 1 year.

Comcast will absorb all network infrastructure companies and declare itself an independent country, inciting the United States of Google to declare war.

Hopsitals will be required by law to create a facebook page for every child born in the U.S.

Kim Dotcom will finish construction of a hot-pink Heli-fortress with the capacity for 20,000 people in 2027.

....I mean, no. I don't know.
a b U Graphics card
December 31, 2012 6:56:36 PM

quilciri said:
The 12.11 drivers wil lbe out in approx. 1 month.

Google will finish it's robo-car in approx. 1 year.

Comcast will absorb all network infrastructure companies and declare itself an independent country, inciting the United States of Google to declare war.

Hopsitals will be required by law to create a facebook page for every child born in the U.S.

Kim Dotcom will finish construction of a hot-pink Heli-fortress with the capacity for 20,000 people in 2027.

....I mean, no. I don't know.

that was really a nice one
!