SOMETHING ABOUT MAX PAYNE

May 13, 2005 10:47:20 AM

I HAVE INSTALLED MAX PAYNE AND WHEN I RUN IT IT GOES INTO THE MAIN MENU AS
NORMAL, K.
THEN WHEN I GO TO TUTORIAL OR NEW GAME IT JUST GETS OUT OF THE GAME AND SAYS
THERE IS AN ERROR, SOMETHING ABOUT A SYSTEM FILE OR OTHER THINGY.
HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED ALOT.
THX
EMAIL UR RESPONSE TO monaro5@excite.com OR vincentlittle_52@hotmail.com

More about : max payne

May 13, 2005 11:02:06 AM

EMAIL UR RESPONSE TO monaro5@excite.com
opps forgot my hotmail doesnt work good

"Tk-421" wrote:

> I HAVE INSTALLED MAX PAYNE AND WHEN I RUN IT IT GOES INTO THE MAIN MENU AS
> NORMAL, K.
> THEN WHEN I GO TO TUTORIAL OR NEW GAME IT JUST GETS OUT OF THE GAME AND SAYS
> THERE IS AN ERROR, SOMETHING ABOUT A SYSTEM FILE OR OTHER THINGY.
> HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED ALOT.
> THX
> EMAIL UR RESPONSE TO monaro5@excite.com OR vincentlittle_52@hotmail.com
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:09:01 AM

We answer in the public newsgroups. You posted here so many people might be
able to assist you, and we respond so many people might learn the solution.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"TK-421" <TK421@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> EMAIL UR RESPONSE TO monaro5@excite.com
> opps forgot my hotmail doesnt work good
>
> "Tk-421" wrote:
>
>> I HAVE INSTALLED MAX PAYNE AND WHEN I RUN IT IT GOES INTO THE MAIN MENU
>> AS
>> NORMAL, K.
>> THEN WHEN I GO TO TUTORIAL OR NEW GAME IT JUST GETS OUT OF THE GAME AND
>> SAYS
>> THERE IS AN ERROR, SOMETHING ABOUT A SYSTEM FILE OR OTHER THINGY.
>> HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED ALOT.
>> THX
>> EMAIL UR RESPONSE TO monaro5@excite.com OR vincentlittle_52@hotmail.com
Related resources
May 13, 2005 11:21:15 AM

I shall remember that

"Chris H." wrote:

> We answer in the public newsgroups. You posted here so many people might be
> able to assist you, and we respond so many people might learn the solution.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "TK-421" <TK421@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > EMAIL UR RESPONSE TO monaro5@excite.com
> > opps forgot my hotmail doesnt work good
> >
> > "Tk-421" wrote:
> >
> >> I HAVE INSTALLED MAX PAYNE AND WHEN I RUN IT IT GOES INTO THE MAIN MENU
> >> AS
> >> NORMAL, K.
> >> THEN WHEN I GO TO TUTORIAL OR NEW GAME IT JUST GETS OUT OF THE GAME AND
> >> SAYS
> >> THERE IS AN ERROR, SOMETHING ABOUT A SYSTEM FILE OR OTHER THINGY.
> >> HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED ALOT.
> >> THX
> >> EMAIL UR RESPONSE TO monaro5@excite.com OR vincentlittle_52@hotmail.com

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:50:24 PM

Hi Tk,

Let's try some basic troubleshooting. If the problem still persists
please post back and we'll try some more steps. Good luck! :-)

1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
blockers using this utility: http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
or use this method: www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php

You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com and then
install MS AntiSpyware from: www.microsoft.com/spyware to
remove any Spyware or Adware which could clog up your PC.

3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
/ Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Some games
require a patch: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

5. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
Checklist of Solutions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

!