My son and I are building a system to take to collage. My son is not into gaming on his pc. He will be using it for internet, word, streaming videos some video and photo editing, and cad down the line. We are on a budget so it will be an AMD based system.
this is the parts we have so far.
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W Continuous Power ATX12V
Corsair Carbide Series 200R
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
The two cpus i am looking at are the Phenom2 965 or the FX 6300. The gpu we are looking at is the SAPPHIRE Ultimate Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5.
Any help with this build will be appreciated. Thankyou
I am assuming that is after the parts that you selected, what about before (if you haven't purchased any yet). Here is why.
1. The Corsair 200R is a good case but could find a cheaper solution.
2. No need for that expensive motherboard as a mATX board will be fine.
3. You can get a better GPU for CAD than the 6670 (preferably an Nvidia card for CAD).
4. Can pick an appropriate CPU for the budget.
5. By mid March, most of the prices will be different than suggested today.