Nvidia geforce2 mx/mx 400 & direct X

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
No. It is a DirectX 7 card and is more than a decade old.

Do you need a new card ... yes ... but you also need a new PC since it is also most-likely more than 10 years old.

The GeForce FX / 5000 series were the first GeForce cards to fully support DirectX 9. The GeForce 8 / 8000 series were the first GeForce cards to support DirectX 10.

noirats

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
To all the people who answered my question. Thank you. Those who mentioned that I should upgrade my pc.....yes I know, my pc should be in the Smithsonian!

I would put all replies into the best answer category if I could.

noirats

No need to throw it away though - it might be worth something one day. It's really impressive it's still running - do you know who the manufacturer is? I have an old 8-bit ISA parallel port, mint condition without a spec of dust on it. And an old Radeon 9700 that works except the fan. A nostalgic nerd might actually pay for these kinds of things ;-) I'd dust the hell out of it with a can of compressed air, then seal it in an anti-static bag.

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

bahahahahahahahhahahahahaha i think i still have an old s3 pci vga card somewhere for when agp ports failed, guess i could use it for when pci-e ports died, i also threw out my old isa scsi card etc, will someone want it one day not a chance, i think my mobile phone would have more power than the computers back then.

Really not about power. You think people pay millions for 1930s vintage cars because they're fast?