Closed Solved

Maybe a dumb question

Ok, i just ordered a new video card, My question may be dumb idk, But I know they heat up extremely fast, and where I live at, it is extremely cold, would it be wise to let it sit for a few hours and get to room temperature before running it, or is it safe to plug in and go ?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about maybe dumb question
  1. If you just pulled it out of the box it would be room temperature-ish anyway.
  2. wow that is kinda dumb haha but no you should be good to go as soon as you pull it out of the box
  3. Best answer
    Don't listen to those guys. If your card arrives and it is cold out, you should let it sit for a couple of hours. Condensation can build up as the card unfreezes, so it is a good idea to let it get up to room temperature. ;)
  4. And leave it sealed in the bag it comes in. Then while it is still cold moisture is not condensing on the card. It may be a minor issue to some, but I agree with the above response.
  5. Its about 5 degrees out where I live and the card is set to arrive tomorrow, I think I will agree with the above 2 responses and let it warm to room temperature before placing it in my rig
  6. Best answer selected by Bigtalon.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Heat Graphics