Destroyer Command HELP!

May 14, 2005 4:01:07 AM

I know DC is not supported on XP, and the game itself "runs" pretty well, but
I have MAJOR graphics issues. Mainly, most of the text is really jumpy or is
not showing up at all, especially in the various menus. Some text disappears
all together. Other symptoms include a visible "box" around the moon and some
gun flashes and smoke. Also, several gauges in the various ship's stations
jump around so bad you can't tell what is supposed to be on them. I have the
latest Nvidia driver (71.89), DirectX 9.0c, and downloaded the DC 1.1 patch.
I also tried to run it in the other compatability modes as well as tweaking
color and resolution settings but NOTHING works! I've always been able to run
older games on XP. PLEASE HELP!

More about : destroyer command

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 5:26:24 AM

"Briguy" <Briguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know DC is not supported on XP, and the game itself "runs" pretty well,
>but
> I have MAJOR graphics issues. Mainly, most of the text is really jumpy or
> is
> not showing up at all, especially in the various menus. Some text
> disappears
> all together. Other symptoms include a visible "box" around the moon and
> some
> gun flashes and smoke. Also, several gauges in the various ship's stations
> jump around so bad you can't tell what is supposed to be on them. I have
> the
> latest Nvidia driver (71.89), DirectX 9.0c, and downloaded the DC 1.1
> patch.
> I also tried to run it in the other compatability modes as well as
> tweaking
> color and resolution settings but NOTHING works! I've always been able to
> run
> older games on XP. PLEASE HELP!

Hello, have you tried installing one of the 6x.xx series of drivers? I know
the 71.xx have a few issues with quite a lot of games.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*