Lumix FZ20 Flash Suggestions

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 4, 2005 12:09:34 AM

Is there a good, strong, versatile external flash that works well with the
FZ20? Something along the lines of a Vivitar 285 or Metz 44MZ is what I have
in mind--the full-swiveling head of the Metz is what makes it attractive to
me. Price is not an object, size--the smaller the better--is.

Thank you,
Jim
August 5, 2005 6:49:15 AM

"JasWms" <Jaswill00@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2w9Ie.1329$9U3.669@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net...
> Is there a good, strong, versatile external flash that works well with the
> FZ20? Something along the lines of a Vivitar 285 or Metz 44MZ is what I have
> in mind--the full-swiveling head of the Metz is what makes it attractive to
> me. Price is not an object, size--the smaller the better--is.

I, and many others, have been using the Sunpak 383 with good success with our FZ-20s. It is powerful and offers both tilt and swivel
for bounce work. It also has adjustable power levels. A little on the big side but comes highly recommended. They can be little a
difficult to find at times - Check BHPhotovideo for availability. It is also marketed as the Quantaray 383 at Wolf/Ritz camera and
other retailers.

Ken
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 7:44:26 AM

"Ken" <ken@ken.ken> wrote in message

> "JasWms" <Jaswill00@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a good, strong, versatile external flash that works well with the
>> FZ20? Something along the lines of a Vivitar 285 or Metz 44MZ is what I
>> have
>> in mind--the full-swiveling head of the Metz is what makes it attractive to
>> me. Price is not an object, size--the smaller the better--is.
>
> I, and many others, have been using the Sunpak 383 with good success with
> our FZ-20s. It is powerful and offers both tilt and swivel
> for bounce work. It also has adjustable power levels. A little on the big
> side but comes highly recommended. They can be little a
> difficult to find at times - Check BHPhotovideo for availability. It is also
> marketed as the Quantaray 383 at Wolf/Ritz camera and
> other retailers.
>
> Ken

Thank you very much.

Bill