Radeon HD 7970 crash at 80 degrees and no output signal to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorbidDesire

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
Hello & happy new year!

I've had an XFX Radeon HD 7970 Double D since summer and it's been working perfectly. However, just a couple of days ago I started getting driver crashes (Drive has stopped working and recovered.) and now it's worse, now my whole PC crashes, theres sound loop for few seconds and then nothing. No signal to monitor. My only option was to restart from the button.

I deleted and reinstalled my drivers, that's the 12.11 beta 11, and no, drivers weren't an issue because this issue came out of no where, I didn't change anything in my PC.

The crashing keeps happening at 80 degrees while playing games, or 77 degrees while stress testing with Furmark. My fans work fine, and I'm using stock clock speeds. I made sure the card is clean, but not from the inside because I don't know or want to open it.

Windows 7 sp1 64 bit
MSI GD-80 Z77A
Intel core i5-3570k
XFX Radeon HD 7970 Double D
HAF 912 case, 4 fans

Solution
i think your gpu got corrupt.
Happened to my gtx670 direct cu II. First, it started having driver errors and then started to crash every time I played a game. Eventually it died and I couldn't get it to work in any one of my pcs there was no signal in the monitor. So I had to return it to the shop and got a full refund.

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012
i think your gpu got corrupt.
Happened to my gtx670 direct cu II. First, it started having driver errors and then started to crash every time I played a game. Eventually it died and I couldn't get it to work in any one of my pcs there was no signal in the monitor. So I had to return it to the shop and got a full refund.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.