Gaming RIG

stevieshae

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
So i just built a new rig, and i have been posting in a uk part of the site so i thought it would be better to start fresh. I just built a new gaming rig.
Sabertooth 990fx V2.0 Motherboard
Amd fx 8350(eight Core)
(2)Crossfired
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127667

and a 700w Ultra ATX power supply.
250gb SSD 3TB HDD
My PROBLEM: Every game I play lags, or has some sort of screen tear or problem. I have spent the past week Updating drivers Doing everything imaginable. Everything is up to date and I still have no IDEA what is happening.

Solution

Then there is your problem, amd processors do not handle crossfire so well, especially with high end gpu's

Skyrim is a cpu intensive game as well, especially so with mods, you need to overclock.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Are you running your processor stock? No overclock?

What is your ram speed and amount?

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Then there is your problem, amd processors do not handle crossfire so well, especially with high end gpu's

Skyrim is a cpu intensive game as well, especially so with mods, you need to overclock.

Solution

stevieshae

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

I played counter strike Go earlier on max settings, with only 1 card. and the game was still laggy. im thinking of sending both cards back and getting a new one, what would you recomend for a new graphics card?

edit:I dont overclock, as i do not have any water cooling

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

The vast majority of "water cooling" is worse than or at best equal to air cooling with a proper aftermarket cpu cooler.

Only very expensive full loop water cooling gets better.

Online games require as much processing power as you can give them, overclocking is often necessary for a smooth experience doubly with games like counterstrike go which is coded about as well as a blind monkey flings poo.

stevieshae

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
So, i used 3dmark11 to make sure the cards were working right, which they are(i scored 10800 with crossfire)
but i have issues with games so im wondering if its really software or hardware?

stevieshae

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
So, i used 3dmark11 to make sure the cards were working right, which they are(i scored 10800 with crossfire)
but i have issues with games so im wondering if its really software or hardware?

stevieshae

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013