I was wondering how you can set up your X-box to a Media Center computer.
Like if you can play games on the computer (without X-box Live) or put DVD's
through the X-box to the computer. Does anybody have any ideas?
Thanks
--
Ohan
Santa Barbara, California

You really don't want to do that, Ohan. Media Center Edition computers have
a built-in two- to three-second delay through the graphics card and you'd
never know what moves the Xbox games were making until too late. If you've
got an adaptable monitor or TV you're using for the MCE broadcast, simply
use the Xbox directly with that.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Ohan" <Ohan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering how you can set up your X-box to a Media Center computer.
> Like if you can play games on the computer (without X-box Live) or put
> DVD's
> through the X-box to the computer. Does anybody have any ideas?
> Thanks
> --
> Ohan
> Santa Barbara, California

"Ohan" <Ohan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering how you can set up your X-box to a Media Center computer.
> Like if you can play games on the computer (without X-box Live) or put
> DVD's
> through the X-box to the computer. Does anybody have any ideas?
> Thanks

As Chris said you can't do that with MCE. But you could get an analogue
card with some 3rd party software, that importantly, doesn't encode the
video (therefore removing the delay).

I've got a Nebula DigiTV with an analogue input in my regular XP Pro box I
use to hook the Xbox up when somebody is hogging the TV, the quality is far
from great but it's playable. I'm not however sure on what would happen if
you put in a TV card that doesn't have MCE compatible drivers into a MCE
box.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Hi Ohan,

In addition to what Chris and Paul have posted, here is the info
about the MCE extender for XBOX:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/devices/xboxextenderkit.mspx
which also includes instructions on how to complete the setup.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User