Sign in with
Your question

Fractal Design Node 304

February 17, 2013 9:07:04 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm new to TH and wanted to initially say thanks to the community for all of the great advice going into it!

This is my first build and there were definitely some growing pains along the way, but everything is up and running. Components are as follows:

Case: Fractal Design Node 304
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k
Memory: Kingston 8GB
CPU Cooling: Cooler master 212 Evo
GPU: XFX 7970 Double D 3GB
PSU: Ultra LSP750
SSD: OCZ 120gb
HDD: Seagate 1Tb
All pictures are at the bottom.

First of all, I would have to say that the mode 304 case is fantastic to work with. I wanted something with a smaller footprint while able to fit a full size card. Cabling, however, is another issue. At this point I'm concerned about airflow in the unit, but initial temperature readings under load seem normal. I tried using zip ties to help manage it as best as possible. That said, the distance between some key heat producing components is not as much as I would have liked it to be! In addition, I used the stock fans that came with the case. Although I've seen others using their own fans, is it really worth it? Also, anyone that has worked with additional power supplies with this unit, let me know. I'm considering finding a smaller (140) silverstone model to give me a little more space to work with.

Anyways, to wrap it up, I'd love the opinion of anyone with what I could have done differently or how I can improve what I have. As well, any advice for overclocking or generally getting the best out of my hardware, that is appreciated! I'm able to answer any other questions relating to building with this case too. I had a lot of trial and error component issues so if you're looking to build with one, I would be happy to talk about my experience with it.

[/url] image by Mfern89, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]
image by Mfern89, on Flickr

[/url]

[/url]

!