Which one should I purchase?

tsujan

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
So I am planning to purchase a graphic card for my old desktop, computer parts here in my country are very pricey and it is hard to find the one you are looking for. During my research, I came to find that these two appealing graphic cards but could not take a decision. So I hope I can get some suggestions and guidelines on here.

The first one is Asus GT 520 Silent. ($102) It's specs are here.
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/N...specifications

Second one is MSI N430GT. ($120) It's specs are here.
http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N430G...=Specification

I know GTX series are better but like I said, it is really hard to find that one and is really pricey. These two are the only good options out there. Now the MSI one looks cool and has 2GB memory. Its memory interface is 128bits.

The Asus one do not have the cooling fan and has 1GB memory with memory interface 64bits. But this one is the latest series as compared to the MSI one.

So which one should I purchase?

I think Asus could be the right choice cause it's newer. But I am in dilemma. Want your suggestion guys!! When answering do give me reasons, ok

claysm

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Don't be fooled by the 2GB of memory on that GT430, that card is nowhere near powerful enough to utilize that much VRAM regardless of the situation.
What were you planning on doing with these cards, gaming? Or do you just need a video out?

tsujan

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

Both. :)

claysm

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
What kind of budget do you have? Because unfortunately, neither of those cards will play modern games on anything but the lowest resolutions with the lowest detail settings.

tsujan

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

$130 is my limit. :D

I do know that these cards will not support modern games but like I said there are no other choices. These two are the only good options the market has to offer. I just want to know which one would be the right decision to take and why. So please help me. :)

tsujan

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

Wow that card looks so cool but I cannot purchase that because we do not have online shopping feature and I cannot order that item neither online nor through onsite medium.

tsujan

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

MSI and Asus have a store here but the products are limited and most of them are outdated. But still they are expensive and when I asked them to order the GTX series, the price was just too high, three times the price mentioned in the online store. These two items can be purchased from either one of these onsite store.

tsujan

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
I am from Kathmandu, Nepal. Like I said these are the only options available and I need to make a selection on either of these two.
The Asus one seems to be the right choice according to people from another forums. I think I should go for that one.

tsujan

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Now I am even more confused. So does this mean that even the GT520 is newer, it still lacks behind the GT 430?

I think I should wait for few days before jumping into any conclusions. Let me read more of you guys opinions and based on those, I will decide on any one. :)

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
If you're down to those two cards then you shouldn't need to do much more research, the 520 may be newer but that doesn't necessarily mean it's more powerful. If there really is nothing else in our budget then just go ahead and by the 430 as it's the better card.