infrared problem

Last response: in Brands
May 26, 2005 10:15:22 PM

Hi

I recently bought a usb infrared device to connect my 7250i to the pc.

I have installed it and windows lists it as working but the software (easy
gprs for my wifes samsung, and Mobil MB media browser v1.2.8) dont list it
as available.

I have been in touch with the supplier and tried the new driver he sent me
but its still the same, am i missing something.

thanks

Gary

More about : infrared problem

May 26, 2005 11:48:25 PM

Do you get the icon on the desktop ... nearby computer or something it is...
I can not remember exactly.

And the icon in the status bar...
--
RICK

> Hi
>
> I recently bought a usb infrared device to connect my 7250i to the pc.
>
> I have installed it and windows lists it as working but the software (easy
> gprs for my wifes samsung, and Mobil MB media browser v1.2.8) dont list it
> as available.
>
> I have been in touch with the supplier and tried the new driver he sent me
> but its still the same, am i missing something.
>
> thanks
>
> Gary

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 10:36:15 PM

"geepeetee" <geepeetee@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
news:D 7507b$fn$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
> Hi
>
> I recently bought a usb infrared device to connect my 7250i to the pc.
>
> I have installed it and windows lists it as working but the software (easy
> gprs for my wifes samsung, and Mobil MB media browser v1.2.8) dont list it
> as available.
>
> I have been in touch with the supplier and tried the new driver he sent me
> but its still the same, am i missing something.
>
> thanks
>
> Gary

Are you using the latest version of PC Suite from the Nokia website?

I've never had 100% success using Windows software, your best bet would be
to always use the Nokia software/drivers for maximum compatibility.

--
Antz,
New Year, New House, New Job...