Camera bag for FZ5

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 17, 2005 11:20:19 AM

I just ordered a Panasonic Fz5, after going back and forth about
whether or not I wanted to spend the big bucks for a Nikon D50 w/2
lenses and then spend the rest of the time hauling it around. After
reading a load of positive reviews on the FZ5, I went to Fry's to
physically pick the thing up and was sold on how light and small it
was. My aspirations to own a Nikon D50 are for at least now cast aside.

Now I want a camera bag, but I don't have the camera yet to compare it
to. Would anyone who has the FZ5 be willing to take a look at this one
and let me know if it would fit the Fz5, lense, hood, and all? I'm
trying to get outfitted before my vacation in a week and a half, so I
don't have a lot of time to lose. Here's the the bag I saw:

http://www.ebags.com/world_richman/digital_point_shoot_...

or

http://tinyurl.com/9sh4g

Any recommendations for a similar bag would also be great. I don't want
to carry around a full-sized camera bag; I'm looking for something more
akin to a case. Thanks so much.

beeswing

More about : camera bag fz5

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 11:57:50 AM

On 17 Aug 2005 07:20:19 -0700, "beeswing" <beeswing@aol.com> wrote:

>I just ordered a Panasonic Fz5, after going back and forth about
>whether or not I wanted to spend the big bucks for a Nikon D50 w/2
>lenses and then spend the rest of the time hauling it around. After
>reading a load of positive reviews on the FZ5, I went to Fry's to
>physically pick the thing up and was sold on how light and small it
>was. My aspirations to own a Nikon D50 are for at least now cast aside.
>
>Now I want a camera bag, but I don't have the camera yet to compare it
>to. Would anyone who has the FZ5 be willing to take a look at this one
>and let me know if it would fit the Fz5, lense, hood, and all? I'm
>trying to get outfitted before my vacation in a week and a half, so I
>don't have a lot of time to lose. Here's the the bag I saw:
>
>http://www.ebags.com/world_richman/digital_point_shoot_...
>
>or
>
>http://tinyurl.com/9sh4g
>
>Any recommendations for a similar bag would also be great. I don't want
>to carry around a full-sized camera bag; I'm looking for something more
>akin to a case. Thanks so much.
>
>beeswing

Try Sears, they carry a good range of bags at less price
than the camera stores. I got a padded one with easy velcro
opening on the top, also zips for added security, pockets
for memory cards and batteries. $11.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 11:31:56 AM

Bartshumandad wrote:
> I have the Lowepro Edit 110, nicely made, smallest I found with perfect
> fit for camera and lens hood, with a few pockets for extra cards/batteries.
>
> cheers
> Steve

Thanks for the idea for a camera bag for the FZ5. The bag looks very
nice, but I think I want something even smaller. I was able to find a
FZ5-dedicated case on line at henrys.com and decided to take a chance
on it. If it doesn't work out, I can always return it. The Lowepro bags
look nice; thanks for pointing them out! I may come back to them.

beeswing
August 18, 2005 11:33:57 AM

irwell wrote:
> On 17 Aug 2005 07:20:19 -0700, "beeswing" <beeswing@aol.com> wrote:
>
> Try Sears, they carry a good range of bags at less price
> than the camera stores. I got a padded one with easy velcro
> opening on the top, also zips for added security, pockets
> for memory cards and batteries. $11.

I found a FZ-dedicated bag on line that I ordered. If that doesn't work
out, Sears sounds like it might be a good place to look. I'm a big
Sears fan. Thanks!

beeswing
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 2:17:36 PM