Status
Not open for further replies.

DasPoochiezXD

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
First I want to say hi, because I'm new to this community.

Here are my specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870a-UD3 (rev 2.2)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 3.20 Ghz
RAM: 4 gb
Sound: Onboard Realtek card

This is my third graphics card, and it is still stuttering like the other two. I can't install the previous 298.10 drivers because this card doesn't support them, people say that these drivers bring maximum performance.

Every game stutters, I reduced my screen resolution from 1920x1080 to 800x600, set everything at low, set everything on off or high-performance in the Nvidia control panel, installed and used Razer Game Booster, set my freaking theme on windows 95 and it still doesn't work.

It's been hunting me since Christmas 2011, and it can't stop. What is wrong with Nvidia or ATI, what is wrong with todays games that I can't play. Everyone around me has simillar or weaker graphics card and it doesn't stutter, they can even put everything on ultra in BF3 and it will not stutter for them.

My FPS goes crazy when playing, it can't stay solid. In 3 seconds it goes from 60 to 54 to 43 then 23 then back up to 50.

I tried every possible tweak, setting, everything, and it won't work.

Does anyone have any of these problems with GTX650? And please, can someone help me?

I think if you want to play BF3 - new ram mobo and cpu are needed. BF3 is one of the most demanding games out there. RAM may help a tiny bit - think you'll be throwing money away. BF3 wants a quad core and a powerful gpu.
-Bruce

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Meh you can run BF3 on Dual cores, it just really doesn't like them, and honestly if he's running a 650 then I really don't see him wanting to spend much.

DasPoochiezXD

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Well, when I played BF3 beta, I had 2gb ram DDR3 and Ati Radeon HD 6850. Worked absolutely fine with no stuttering :D. At the end of 2011 i bought another DDR3 2gb of ram. My friend has a simillar processor and a weaker graphics card, he can run it with no problems at all.

mohit9206

Distinguished
i dont think your cpu or your ram is to blame.
4gb of ram is plenty enough for BF3 and your cpu also is not too bad to cause the masssive stuttering. there is some other reason of this stutter but i assure you its not the ram or cpu

cooldudesubho

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012

Do you even have BF3?4GB is enough for BF3 as long as you play at low to medium setting.Ultra and high requires more than 4gb ram and at least 1.5gb Vram.Not to forget MP is heavily cpu dependent and a slow AMD cpu will bottleneck further.And also that card is not meant to play BF3 at ultra.Play at medium setting you should be golden.

DasPoochiezXD

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Well, I always play at low or medium. I'm not a graphics junkie and I know that I can't run BF3 at ultra. And yes, I have BF3. The most strange thing is that CSGO also stutters, I really don't know what to do about that. BF3 SP and COOP also stutter. I installed Warframe and Mirror's edge, I'll test those out and see if it's really my GPU or something else.

DasPoochiezXD

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Warframe runs perfectly smooth, everything on high settings as well as Mirror's Edge.
I'll check my onboard audio, some people said it causes stuttering. My monitor refresh rate is 60hz.
If everything goes wrong, I'll buy the recomended components for BF3 and sell the old ones.

Thanks for all the help guys :D

don't think it's the onboard audio but perhaps the nvidia HD audio that installs with the graphics driver. uninstall the nvidia drivers and do a custom install. ONLY install the graphics driver and the physx driver................ NOTHING ELSE.

what happens?

sheepsnowadays

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

Are you sure you have matching ram, i wouldn't buy one stick then a year later buy another one, i would buy it together for max stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.