First time build, unknown issue preventing proper boot up

ObscurePixel

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Just got all my parts in to build my first desktop to be used for personal and work related projects.

Case- COUGAR Evolution Black SECC ATX Full Tower
Motherboard- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155
CPU- Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155
GPU- EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2662-KR GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit
Memory- Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Hard Drive- Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Optical Drive- SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM
Power Supply- hec Zephyr MX 750 750W
Monitor- BenQ GW2450 Glossy Black 24" 4ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor
Mouse- Razer Deathadder
Keyboard- Noppoo CHoc Mini Cherry MX Red Mechanical Keyboard

I put everything together with no real issue and even got as far as installing Windows 7 Home premium (I have had that copy around since launch and didnt feel like paying... or "obtaining" ultimate) but after putting in the mobo disc it restarted and now wont do much. I can access the ASRock UEFI and adjust settings but they never save after restarting, turning it off or continuing. Also if I continue my mouse and keyboard go dead. My monitor still says im connected but wont display anything other than how brilliant its black looks. The only thing to really be displayed if not the UEFI or a black screen is #1. a blinking underscore, #2. an underscore that doesnt blink, #3.the ASRock logo with commands that work or dont and finally #4. commands that ask me to press F1 (which then proceeds to give me #1, #2, or black screen) or F2 which brings me to the UEFI. The UEFI does read my hardware if anyone is curious, my ram, disc drive, hard drive and cpu are visible.

And yes, I have tried to restart my bios by removal of the "watch" battery and CMOS restart. The motherboard occasionally displays error codes A2, A4, and 64 which I dont really understand.

So when the pc was off did you change the boot order back so the systems hard drive was first in the boot order ?
It sounds like its trying to boot from the wrong disk

If reseting that doesnt work then
reinstall windows using the windows disk in the optical drive again

ObscurePixel

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Im trying to update the bios but my screen goes black instantly that I see the instant flash updated bios. At least my mouse and keyboard still show that they are connected since their lights are on. it wont let me change the order of the boot up because it wont save my inputs. I didnt change anything beforehand. Cant reinstall windows because it wont start up my disc drive. Sympoms are changing out of order, like change is happening but not the right kind of change

ObscurePixel

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Seems like I can access the windows 7 desktop as long as the disk is in the disc drive and running + having my usb with the most up to date drives in... better than nothing for now. How would i be able to remedy this new situation so I can have a normal disc drive.

ObscurePixel

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Fantastic, now the only issue I seem to still have is a reboot/start up problem. It will sometimes freeze or still bring be to the UEFI screen but with enough luck I have been able to get to the desktop and install the new bios, and other things. The restart problem is kinda annoying though.