NZXT Phantom 410 Fan Connectors

drakmagician

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Hi I am trying to build a pc for the 1st time and I can't understand where to connect the four 3 pin connectors that came with case.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Zalman 9500A Ball Bearing CPU Cooler
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW Sig2 2GB Video Card
NZXT Phantom 410
Corsair Professional Gold 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

Solution
That case has a fan controller to manually control the speed of up to 3 fans. Your case fans plug into those connectors and the fan controller's Molex male connector plugs into any PSU Molex female connector.

drakmagician

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Thank you for the quick reply so I just plug in other fans to those plugs to control them with the fan controller right? Also Zalman 9500A came with its own controller is there anyway to connect the cpu cooler to the fan controller?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

On your first point, correct. The case's fan controller connects directly to the Molex connector from the PSU. The case's fans then connect to the 3 male fan connectors coming from the controller. (the ones you are holding in the pics)

On your second point, NO! Do not ever connect the CPU cooler's fan to anything other than the 4 pin header on the motherboard that is marked CPU FAN. The MB needs to see the fan's speed to control it through a process called PWM. If there is no fan connected to that 4 pin header, the MB will think the fan has stopped and the PC will shut down or possibly not even start.