jcz65

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Recently bought a new writer from Plex and it came with EZ creator 5 which when I tried to burn a cd gave me the error message with the blue screen "Unable to write to drive C" My burner is drive F and I have 2 hd's and my mp3's are on drive d so I do not understand y i get this message. I got a copy of nero 5.5 and still get same message on occasion. I have been f!@#$ing with this for over 6 weeks and am still having problems.

svol

Champion
It looks like your system hangs when burning a CD, check your temps and Voltages. What are youre other components?

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

jcz65

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
svol,

I have 2 hd's, burner , 52Xcd on board video and sound, dont understand how i can be running hot.

svol

Champion
All those devices are creating heat and your CPU will ad more heat, if you don't have enough airflow inside your case the temps will rise which can make your system crash. Also if your powersupply isn't strong enough you system can hang because of the lack of power when burning.

MadCarrot

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
I get a BSOD with my Plextor 2410A when using DirectCD, and if you look at the discussion board at roxio.com, I'd be more inclined to blame Easy CD Creator than the temperature. I have an Athlon 1.33, two 40GB HDs, DVD-ROM, CD-RW, GeForce2 Pro graphics card and I rarely have blue screens with anything else.

MC

svol

Champion
And if you use Nero it works fine?
Jcz65 said he had tried with Nero and got the same error messages.

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Do not run EZ CD Creator and Nero on the same system. The two programs are not compatible.

Toejam31

<font color=red>My Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new"><font color=green>Toejam31's Tantalizing Tantric Toy</font color=green></A>
<font color=red>Second Rig:</font color=red> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=15942" target="_new"><font color=green>Toey's Dynamite DDR Duron</font color=green></A>

<font color=purple>"Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."</font color=purple>

MadCarrot

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
I get exactly the same error irrespective of which program I use. I'm fairly certain it's a software conflict, because the error doesn't occur when Easy Cd was installed after a fresh W98 install. It was only after I'd installed the rest of my junk that the problem started. Nero behaves in exactly the same way (I know Nero and Easy CD don't like each other), so I just live with it.

MC

jcz65

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
I know not to use Nero and EZ Cd on same system. I tried svol's suggestion about heat and the last couple of cd's I made I took the side of my case off for cooling and it seemed to be ok. I have my fingers crossed.