I am building my first computer i picked the parts based on the criteria below, however i want to be sure that the parts are compatible(and that i got all the necessary parts lol). I also want to be sure that I can easily upgrade the parts or add another Graphics card if i need to. http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/bou...
1. Approximate Purchase date: Plan to purchase parts within a month. (2/17-3/17)
2. Budget: between $1250 and $1750 (For computer)
3. System Usage: Gaming, Movies some amateur video/photo editing
4. Parts not Required: (I also need a Keyboard, monitor, and speakers), but this is separate from the 1250-1750.
5. Preferred Website For Parts: Newegg, Amazon, Fry's, Tigerdirect, microcenter
6.Country: US / Southern California
7. Part Preferences: Intel/ Nvidia
8. Overclocking: Yes
9. SLI or Crossfire: Maybe
10. Monitor: Probably going to be 1920x1080
11. The games the my computer will be running are League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Starcraft Heart of the Swarm, Steam Games.
12. I currently own a laptop that is about 4 years old, and it is time for an upgrade because my laptop cannot handle the stress of these games anymore. Also want to build my first computer !!!
Parts That I am Thinking of buying based on reading forums and websites for Information.
Something that will a lot better price/perf wise and even with and SSD
i5 is more than enough for gaming and minor editing
ud3h is IMO better than the v - pro unless you really need the IO then grab the ud5h instead as it is still cheaper
Silver 850W semi-modular PSU to allow SLI of 680 in the future
Case is up to you. I recommend the checking out the 650D and NZXT Phantom, and choosing which one is for you. Also don't know if you wanted the OS or not, so I included it. 670 is more than enough, only 5% less than the 680. PSU and MoBo leave upgrade room, and so does the case.