Far Cry 3 Lagging on AMD Processor

Hi, when I got Far Cry 3 I could run it at high settingsat 30-50 FPS without lags/stuttering and one day it started running at 10-30 FPS with major Lags, it is still running at 10-30 FPS at low settings. My specs are AMD FX-8120 8 core @ 3.1 GHz, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB, 8 GB 1600 MHz RAM and a 2 year old Toshiba HDD @ 2TB. Can someone tell if there is some trick to getting it back to normal? I have already tried going back to system restore points and it didn't work. Reply soon.
7 answers Last reply
More about lagging processor
  1. Hello,

I had this problem with my computer but can't run it in high settings..

I downloaded the latest drivers and just did a "clean" installation of the drivers, this seemed to have worked for me.

Many thanks.
  2. It's an AMD FX 1st gen, what do you expect?
  3. calumconroy said:
    It's an AMD FX 1st gen, what do you expect?

This, and the 8800 GTX.
    Your graphics card is very old. You can't expect much from it.
  4. Upgrade your GPU and maybe your CPU to the newer gen if you can find someone willing to buy it for a good price. (Make sure your PSU has enough power for a new GPU)
  5. gamingboy said:
    This, and the 8800 GTX.
    Your graphics card is very old. You can't expect much from it.

Ok, thanks.
  6. mc_creeper said:
    Upgrade your GPU and maybe your CPU to the newer gen if you can find someone willing to buy it for a good price. (Make sure your PSU has enough power for a new GPU)

I'll try that.
  7. mc_creeper said:
    Upgrade your GPU and maybe your CPU to the newer gen if you can find someone willing to buy it for a good price. (Make sure your PSU has enough power for a new GPU)
    I'm getting a Gigabyte Windforce AMD Radeon 7950 OC @ 900 MHz. It'll arrive on Wednesday and I'll post some benchmarks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards FPS Graphics