Nokia 6630+ PC Suite 6.5+TDK Dongle

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 28, 2005 10:40:18 AM

The keypad on my 6310i eventually died and I had to upgrade to a 6630.
Bluetooth in the old environment (PC Suite 4.88) had worked well for a
couple of years and connected easily to my Dell desktop via a TDK Bluetooth
dongle (driver 1.4.2.8)

Unfortunately, the 6630 via the TDK Bluetooth dongle will not now connect
with PC Suite 6.5. I seem to remember when the 6310i first came out there
was a software problem which required the BIOS on the mobile to be upgraded.

Has anyone else had a similar connection problem and resolved it?
May 29, 2005 1:40:17 PM

Did you completely uninstall 4.88 before installing 6.5, including cleaning
the registry?

"manu" <len.swindells@nospam.com> wrote in message
> The keypad on my 6310i eventually died and I had to upgrade to a 6630.
> Bluetooth in the old environment (PC Suite 4.88) had worked well for a
> couple of years and connected easily to my Dell desktop via a TDK
> Bluetooth
> dongle (driver 1.4.2.8)
>
> Unfortunately, the 6630 via the TDK Bluetooth dongle will not now connect
> with PC Suite 6.5. I seem to remember when the 6310i first came out there
> was a software problem which required the BIOS on the mobile to be
> upgraded.
>
> Has anyone else had a similar connection problem and resolved it?

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 8:19:40 PM

i had the same problem when i went from a 6600 to a 7610.
I was using tdk as well and had to eventually uninstall the tdk drivers and
let windows XP (sp2) install its own drivers. I think the newer nokias use
widcomm drivers
and they aint compat with the tdk drivers.

When i let windows find the dongle and install its own drivers it was happy
(and still is with my new 6630).

HTH.

"Hunter" <hunter@goodinfo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 7c2m1$81k$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Did you completely uninstall 4.88 before installing 6.5, including
> cleaning the registry?
>
> "manu" <len.swindells@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> The keypad on my 6310i eventually died and I had to upgrade to a 6630.
>> Bluetooth in the old environment (PC Suite 4.88) had worked well for a
>> couple of years and connected easily to my Dell desktop via a TDK
>> Bluetooth
>> dongle (driver 1.4.2.8)
>>
>> Unfortunately, the 6630 via the TDK Bluetooth dongle will not now connect
>> with PC Suite 6.5. I seem to remember when the 6310i first came out
>> there
>> was a software problem which required the BIOS on the mobile to be
>> upgraded.
>>
>> Has anyone else had a similar connection problem and resolved it?

May 30, 2005 4:48:44 PM

OK Guys,

De-installed, re-installed, checked that now using latest Widcomm drivers
V1.4 and it works!

Many thanks!

However very disappointed with new PC Suite 6.5

Hadn't realised just how different Symbian OS is from old 6310i software.

Cannot now use SMS manager via my HP PDA, cannot send text messages from
within Nokia's own PC Suite application! Cannot manage mobile phone contacts
from within PC Suite!

Or am I missing something....?

news:D 7cmid$rsm$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk...

!