Confirm me if it is the problem of my UPS

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
My PC is shutting down without any prob atleast 3times a day. When it is shutting down actually on that time UPS is not giving any power. I have tested all the outputs of my UPS when this type of shutdown is occurring. When this is happening all other devices attached to the UPS is also out of power. My monitor's power LED is also not glowing on that time. I'm also unable to power on the system that time. After restarting the UPS then only I'm able to power on system and monitor's power LED is glowing. I have tested the CPU's power cable by tester, and it's showing no power is there.

SO IS IT THE PROBLEM OF MY UPS?? OR ANYTHING HAPPENING ON THE DESKTOP WHICH IS MAKING PROB TO UPS BY WHICH UPS IS NOT GIVING POWER UNTIL I RESTART THE UPS???

My UPS is of "DIGITAL" company. Recently 3-4mnths back I replaced UPS battery with EXIDE battery..

Please guys help me to confirm that it is the only prob om my UPS, then I have to buy a UPS. This wrong shutdowns can cause HDD problem I think, so I'm to much worried.....

akshaylodhi

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

First of all back up all your important data.
Please mention the load on the UPS. I am assuming you have the normal load that is the CPU, LED/LCD monitor, a printer etc. If it is possible, borrow an UPS from your friend and test on it. If you can't borrow one, connect your PC directly to the AC mains (THAT IS VERY RISKY considering a power failure or power surge). If the PC doesn't restart as you said, then you have found the problem.
Most of the times the UPS trips due to faulty circuit or due to wearing or even crappy components. Ask the company for a servicing if that is possible, else replace it.
If you are ready to spend some extra bucks, buy an inverter, the switching time is much less then that of the UPS and also you will get more back up from it.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

I have only two components on this UPS. Monitor and the CPU. Earlier there was no prob at all. Currently its happening.
What you suspects? Is it the problem of UPS?
you know that SMPS shuts itself off when it gets some sort circuit. So i was wondering is there any possibility of any sort circuit on the CPU which is making the UPS off. Though the ups is not powering off, just not outputting any voltages, after restarting its again working. My UPS circuit 4years older, replaced battery recently.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
hello. please reply anyone. previous 2days i didn't face this type of problem. tell me one thing only. is it possible that any problem inside the desktop can stop the ups giving output untill a restart of ups?? is it possible??? please reply anyone.