Sign in with
Your question

Need a graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 1, 2013 5:48:47 PM

I have a computer from compaq namely "Compaq Presario CQ3150IX desktop PC" which i bought a couple of years ago, Since its graphics doesn't support high graphics demanding games, so i intend to buy a graphics card for my PC. it already has the Integrated graphics using Intel GMA 3100 and it also supports PCI Express 1.0 x16 graphics cards. The power supply unit is 180 W.

My PC has the following features:
- intel core 2 duo e7500 2.93 GHz
- 2GB ram
- LCD monitor 0f 18.5 inches with a highest resolution of 1366 * 766
so i request you to suggest me the graphics card that would be compatible with my model for high end gaming , which is actually my main aim.
please suggest an accurate graphics card, so that i don't face any compatibility issues in the future.

More about : graphics card

a b U Graphics card
January 1, 2013 6:02:30 PM

You might as well get a new system. IF you want to play on high or ultra settings, you will want probably want to spend at least $200. Then you will need a new psu, which will be around $60. Then you will need more ram so you won't have a bottleneck. $gb ddr2 ram costs $212. For about $250, you could get an fx 6300, a new motherboard, and 8gb ddr3 ram. So what I am saying is, if you don't want huge bottlenecks in your system, for the performance you want, you are looking at about $500-600.
m
l
January 1, 2013 9:17:06 PM

Might just build or buy a new system 180 watts is too low for anything but onboard.
m
l
!