new player

Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb
5 answers Last reply
More about player

    "herb" <herb.overhere@fl> Spoke about news:jVVHe.33761$W%5.26550
    @trnddc05:

    > Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
    > addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb

    Which games?
    There are several different types of games;
    First person shooters [FPS]
    Role playing shooters/strategy [RPS]
    Real Time strategy [RTS]
    Simulations
    Third person Shooters
    etc, etc.

    System specs vary greatly between the types, with FPS being more
    demanding in the CPU/RAM/Video card requirements.

    I suggest you look to the game developer's web sites for the system
    specs, keeping in mind the minimum specs listed won't give you the
    playing experiance you may be looking for.

    MrToad
    {aka [AGB]Weisses Fleisch }

    P.S.
    BF2 is a mix of RTS & FPS.

    herb wrote:
    > Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
    > addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb

    Check out www.sharkyextreme.com. They have a Value Gaming PC guide,
    which lists reasonable hardware for playing contemporary games.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco

    "Achtung Ecco" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message
    > herb wrote:
    >> Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
    >> addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb
    >
    > Check out www.sharkyextreme.com. They have a Value Gaming PC guide, which
    > lists reasonable hardware for playing contemporary games.
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Achtung Ecco

    Thank You
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "MrToad" <nospamoldgt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "herb" <herb.overhere@fl> Spoke about news:jVVHe.33761$W%5.26550
    > @trnddc05:
    >
    >> Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
    >> addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb
    >>

    > Which games?
    > There are several different types of games;
    > First person shooters [FPS]
    > Role playing shooters/strategy [RPS]
    > Real Time strategy [RTS]
    > Simulations
    > Third person Shooters
    > etc, etc.
    >
    > System specs vary greatly between the types, with FPS being more
    > demanding in the CPU/RAM/Video card requirements.
    >
    > I suggest you look to the game developer's web sites for the system
    > specs, keeping in mind the minimum specs listed won't give you the
    > playing experiance you may be looking for.
    >
    > MrToad
    > {aka [AGB]Weisses Fleisch }
    >
    > P.S.
    > BF2 is a mix of RTS & FPS.

    Thank You. I will have to think about it a bit.........
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "herb" <herb.overhere@fl> wrote in message
    > Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
    > addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb

    Hi herb,

    im just getting into gaming! so this is what im using .

    64 - bit mainboard
    64 -bit AMD 3200 CPU
    1 gig ram/memory
    80gig hdd
    graphics card Gforce - 6600 GTsli multi gpu ready 128mb ddr3!

    the rest is normal and this thing is flying! :-)

    Stu

Computers Games Video Games