new player

Herb

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb

"herb" <herb.overhere@fl> Spoke about news:jVVHe.33761$W%5.26550
@trnddc05:

> Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
> addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb

Which games?
There are several different types of games;
First person shooters [FPS]
Role playing shooters/strategy [RPS]
Real Time strategy [RTS]
Simulations
Third person Shooters
etc, etc.

System specs vary greatly between the types, with FPS being more
demanding in the CPU/RAM/Video card requirements.

I suggest you look to the game developer's web sites for the system
specs, keeping in mind the minimum specs listed won't give you the
playing experiance you may be looking for.

MrToad
{aka [AGB]Weisses Fleisch }

P.S.
BF2 is a mix of RTS & FPS.

herb wrote:
> Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
> addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb

Check out www.sharkyextreme.com. They have a Value Gaming PC guide,
which lists reasonable hardware for playing contemporary games.

regards,

Achtung Ecco

Herb

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

"Achtung Ecco" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message
> herb wrote:
>> Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
>> addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb
>
> Check out www.sharkyextreme.com. They have a Value Gaming PC guide, which
> lists reasonable hardware for playing contemporary games.
>
> regards,
>
> Achtung Ecco

Thank You

Herb

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

"MrToad" <nospamoldgt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "herb" <herb.overhere@fl> Spoke about news:jVVHe.33761$W%5.26550
> @trnddc05:
>
>> Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
>> addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb
>>

> Which games?
> There are several different types of games;
> First person shooters [FPS]
> Role playing shooters/strategy [RPS]
> Real Time strategy [RTS]
> Simulations
> Third person Shooters
> etc, etc.
>
> System specs vary greatly between the types, with FPS being more
> demanding in the CPU/RAM/Video card requirements.
>
> I suggest you look to the game developer's web sites for the system
> specs, keeping in mind the minimum specs listed won't give you the
> playing experiance you may be looking for.
>
> MrToad
> {aka [AGB]Weisses Fleisch }
>
> P.S.
> BF2 is a mix of RTS & FPS.

Thank You. I will have to think about it a bit.........

stuart

"herb" <herb.overhere@fl> wrote in message
> Where could I review the basics for playing games. Equipment needed in
> addition to the standard computer mainly......TIA, herb

Hi herb,

im just getting into gaming! so this is what im using .

64 - bit mainboard
64 -bit AMD 3200 CPU
1 gig ram/memory
80gig hdd
graphics card Gforce - 6600 GTsli multi gpu ready 128mb ddr3!

the rest is normal and this thing is flying! :)

Stu