  • Computers
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
September 18, 2005 11:39:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

I have been attempting to connect a peice of imaging equpment to a
hospital's network. The W2K computer in the imager is configured correctly
but I am unable to ping anything except itself. I have replaced the
computer and have the same problem. I know that the IP address, gateway and
subnet mask are correct. If I connect my laptop to the network and
configure it the same as the imager's computer I can ping everything on the
network. If I connect the imager's computer to my laptop with a cross over
cable and configure them appropriately I can ping in both directions. My
next step will be to delete TCP/IP protocol on the imager and reinstall.
Any other ideas?

GD

More about : ping

September 30, 2005 2:45:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Are you sure the image unit is establishing a connection with the network -
ie. is the link up at both ends (switch and imaging device)?

Marc