Can't ping anything

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

I have been attempting to connect a peice of imaging equpment to a
hospital's network. The W2K computer in the imager is configured correctly
but I am unable to ping anything except itself. I have replaced the
computer and have the same problem. I know that the IP address, gateway and
subnet mask are correct. If I connect my laptop to the network and
configure it the same as the imager's computer I can ping everything on the
network. If I connect the imager's computer to my laptop with a cross over
cable and configure them appropriately I can ping in both directions. My
next step will be to delete TCP/IP protocol on the imager and reinstall.
Any other ideas?

GD
1 answer Last reply
More about ping anything
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

    Are you sure the image unit is establishing a connection with the network -
    ie. is the link up at both ends (switch and imaging device)?

    Marc
    "Glenn Davies" <gdavies47@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I have been attempting to connect a peice of imaging equpment to a
    > hospital's network. The W2K computer in the imager is configured
    > correctly
    > but I am unable to ping anything except itself. I have replaced the
    > computer and have the same problem. I know that the IP address, gateway
    > and
    > subnet mask are correct. If I connect my laptop to the network and
    > configure it the same as the imager's computer I can ping everything on
    > the
    > network. If I connect the imager's computer to my laptop with a cross
    > over
    > cable and configure them appropriately I can ping in both directions. My
    > next step will be to delete TCP/IP protocol on the imager and reinstall.
    > Any other ideas?
    >
    > GD

Connection Computers Networking