payjin

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2001
I have an Audigy Card that I have hooked up to my Boston Accustic 6000 Digital Theater System. I havs a digital lead (two wire) from my DVD drive and the sound card is set for digital output only. and I have a single wire running from the S/Pdif port to the digital in port on the speaker set and no other wires. When I hit the test speakers button in the Audigy mixer I only get a response from the left and right front speakers. When I play a DVD or game I get sound from all five speakers, but the speaker system indicates that sound is coming from a pro-logic source and not Dolby Digital. What am I doing wrong?

Round the world and home again, home again...

FatBurger

Illustrious
If it works, then it works. Don't worry about the tests and what it says it's doing. Creative's drivers have never, ever been perfect.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Novakain

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Actually, it's working the way it should.

You will never get those 5 speakers working through the one spdif port unless you are using something that supports dolby (DVD's). The Audigy won't upmix standard sound on the fly to dolby (as far as I know the only sound source that supports this is the nForce).

The only way you can get 5.1 surround out of an Audigy is to use the digital out on the back of the card, which has not one, but three spdif channels. The only speakers I know that support this digital out are ones from Creative or Cambridge (which is also Creative)