sound files missing?

I have installed call of duty on pc with xp.
when I click to play it gets as far as the main menu and then a window
appears showing "8 sound files are missing or in a bad format". Anyone seen
this in the past?

"bhogger" <bhogger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed call of duty on pc with xp.
> when I click to play it gets as far as the main menu and then a window
> appears showing "8 sound files are missing or in a bad format". Anyone
> seen
> this in the past?

Have you tried reinstalling the game? It could be caused by problems copying
from the CD.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.