Will this fit in my chassis

BoracusGrim

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EhQu

HI all, this is my second custom built pc and the parts im pretty set on, but feedback is appreciated

my question relates to the chassis. my gpus are pretty big and i was wondering if anyone knows if all that hardware should fit or i should try something a little bigger.

as a side note i am aware that the processor is hefty and i will be using it for a bit of graphic design as well as hardcore gaming.

Thx in advance :D

Should all fit together just fine, the motherboard can fit the case and the mobo can handle having three dual slot cards on it. Width wise you are fine, the HAF-X is a large case I can tell you.

Bit of advice on the rig itself.
- With that kind of cash being spent on the cooler, get a dual rad CLC like a H100i. Closed Loop Water coolers are primarily radiator limited, so 120mm ones dont really perform much better than low/medium end air cooling.
- Kingwin isnt the best brand when it comes to PSU's, would go with a more recognized brand like Seasonic, Corsair or XFX.
- I advise you get Windows 8, its the newest OS and will therefore have support for longer. If the new interface and lack of a start menu in Desktop mode is what is stopping you, there are ways around them now.

Although my build log has more to do with water-cooling, its still done in a HAF-X. Have a look through it so you can visualize how it will all go together and my experiences with using a HAF-X. Its linked in my sig.

burritobob

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
A couple things, water cooling ESPECIALLY closed loop water cooling like that is pointless when you can get a Noctua D-14 which performs better at a lower price, you will have plenty of room for it, and in most cases it performed slightly better than your current cooler.

The cooler master brand of PSUs is fine, only if you get Silent Pro Gold, that was by far their best series in terms of quality so look into that. Also a Corsair PSU would do here just fine if you want a different recommendation.

And then, windows 8, I have windows 8 currently on my desktop, and it SUCKS. Most games that were stable during 7 now crash frequently, there are also driver issues etc. Do yourself a favor and stick with windows 7.

christop

Distinguished
Just so you know from owning a kingwin and the same model you picked out. Just cause it is not the top 3 doesn't make it a bad product. I have had mine for 3 years now and it works like a champ. It is funny how people will say products are not good and have never owned them from reading reviews from people who tested them for one hour.